What We Offer
You’ll join a tight knit and passionate team made up of professionals who left their roles at agencies, corporations and institutions to tackle challenging and meaningful problems together. Our clients are as dedicated to creating ground-breaking work together as we are.
We offer the creative freedom to not only develop innovative design solutions, but also concepts and strategies that could transform the design field. The work environment is fast-paced, energetic and collaborative—we thrive on and support the diversity of our individual talents and perspectives.
Who You Are
As a Senior Designer, you will oversee designers at Schema in creating a wide range of data-driven web applications and experiences. You’ll help set priorities, guide resourcing decisions, and review and ensure that our work maintains the highest standards possible.
You have a deep understanding of interaction design methods and human-centered design as well as exacting standards for typography and visual communication. Curious and forward-thinking, you’ll help direct the design vision at Schema and become a strong voice in our ongoing research at the intersection of design, technology, and culture. This position reports directly to the Principal. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a key role in a multidisciplinary, award-winning design and technology team with forward-thinking clients. You will work at our offices in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood.
- 7+ years working as a freelance designer, at a studio or agency, or on an in-house team
- Graduate degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or Interaction Design, or a related field
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates originality, conceptual thinking, and thoughtful execution
- Demonstrated ability to turn ambiguous design problems into concrete solutions
- Experience and strong interest in data visualization
- Experience translating qualitative, quantitative and secondary research into actionable insights and creative strategies
- Experience with Interaction Design methods, including research, brainstorming and participatory design, developing personas, scenarios and interaction models, as well as prototyping at low, medium and high levels of fidelity
- Experience facilitating client workshops and co-creation sessions
- Ability to lead and support multiple projects using industry-standard processes and tools
- Skilled in completing projects on time and within budget in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere
- Fluent with design tools such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; able to lead client meetings or make presentations at conferences
- Collaborative leadership style with the ability to grow and mentor a team of designers
- Exceptional professionalism and integrity
Posted 11 days ago