CREATIVE DIRECTOR ROLE AT BRLLNT
Brllnt is a marketing and design studio based in Washington, DC. We believe in the power of storytelling and aid each of our clients in the development of their brand experience through strategic marketing and impactful design. Our goal is to shine light on the brilliant work of our clients, and help expand their reach.
We believe that true creativity is an outpouring of the soul, making it essential for each member of the Brllnt team to bring their whole self to work each day. The Brllnt culture encourages, equips, and challenges our team members to have the balance they need to create truly brilliant work.
- Salary, determined by experience and fit
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance covered up to 80%
- Unlimited PTO
Partner, Melanie Charlton
Creative Directors are conceptual thinkers with a keen business sense. They formulate the innovative concepts that support a company’s brand, marketing, product, or web development goals. They keep their teams of designers, copywriters, photographers, video producers/editors, and web developers inspired and ensure that their creative output adheres to brand standards and delivers business results.
- At least 10 years of experience in an agency
- Proficient knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite
- Wide skill set and ability to direct creative concept implementation across any platform or format
- Creating a positive, enjoyable and productive creative culture.
- Collaborating with business leaders to translate business goals into unique brand and product experiences
- Possess knowledge of industry-standard design software/technologies
- Manage budgets, teams, timelines, and projects while working across several departments
Manage and collaborate with creative team members
- Creating and constantly improving the production processes.
- Shaping visual brand image and all items that are internally and externally facing which represent our brand.
- Present and effectively communicate how a creative vision will help achieve goals
- Spearhead brainstorms with team & clients
- Direct creative concepts for internal and client work
- Collaborate with team to execute and implement creative
- Lead creation of campaign and marketing strategies
- Manage and maintain a high-level of excellent quality in the work we produce
Design & Content Development
- Identify assets and roles needed to execute creative direction
- Guide team in implementing direction into design and content assets
- Select team members and/ or contractors based on skill, availability and alignment with scope
- When needed, write headline and other copy used within design deliverables
- Adept at using storyboarding and sketching to outline rough ideas into a more concrete plan
Creative Strategy and Industry Knowledge
- Experience managing and directing creative for large-scale marketing campaigns
- Excellent pitching and presenting skills
- Audience research - define and understand who we’re designing for
- Brand and competitor research - identify opportunities to out-perform & outshine the crowd
- Channels - know or discover strategies and formats / specs for standard social platforms
- Attend events, observe competitors, and actively engage in the community to challenge and improve your creative skills
Tools and training
- Expertise with standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Strong knowledge of Sketch or similar UI/UX platform
- Ability to train and guide creative team in more efficient use of creative software
- Actively seeking tips, tricks, and plugins for making work more efficient
- Expertise with prototyping software: Invision
- Expert understanding of technical constraints for:
- Print mediums
- Web mediums
- Mobile web & devices
- Attend webinars, trainings, conferences, watch Youtube etc. regularly to hone your knowledge of current and new tools
- As a member of the creative team, we expect brilliance. This means:
- Positively engaging and challenging the creative team
- Unsatisfied with trends / what others are doing
- Challenging standards / status quo
- Purposeful & Intentional: having a reason for everything
- Form and function must live in harmony
- Supporting and growing the creative team:
- Support teammates and coordinate schedules / workload
- Share resources and inspiration regularly
- Spend time getting to know the team: we’re a family
- Graciously give and receive feedback
- Help recruit and train new members
Being Brllnt comes with its own set of expectations - it’s a big name to live up to both for the clients we represent, the work we produce, and the culture we embody. That means we show up every day caring about the results we impact, the designs we craft, and the stories we tell. It means knowing when we can do better, when we can learn more, when we need to lean on our team for ideas and answers, and knowing when we need to step up. Our expectation at Brllnt is such. We don’t expect perfection, we expect brilliance.
At Brllnt, we believe in the ever-changing, the ever-evolving, and the ever-growing both for our clients, and for each of our team members. We believe that business is personal, especially for industries we serve. Our daily objective is to become more brilliant, individually and as a team.
As such, expect rolling performance reviews where we will discuss strengths, areas of improvement, and growth opportunities. Every 6 months, we’ll want to sit down to explore where you are at and where you want to go. This means - your responsibilities will adjust as you tweak and hone in on your expertise, as our clientele shifts and expands, and as our team continues to grow.
We are passionate about growing an open, respectful culture that is nurturing towards the professional goals and personal development of each member. This means everyone is comfortable giving and receiving direct communication about what is going well, and where there is room for improvement.
Posted 11 days ago