Senior Product Designer
We are an enthusiastic group of professionals in the entertainment division of CBS Interactive, a premiere Los Angeles based tech company focused on CBS All Access. CBS All Access is CBS’ digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service. In addition to its original series, which include STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, THE GOOD FIGHT, STRANGE ANGEL, NO ACTIVITY and TELL ME A STORY, CBS All Access gives CBS fans the ability to watch more than 10,000 episodes on demand – spanning current shows from primetime, daytime and late night, as well as past seasons of select series and classic TV hits – and stream their local CBS station live. CBS All Access is currently available online at CBS.com, on mobile devices via the CBS app for iOS, Android and Windows 10, and on Roku Players, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Fire TV, Samsung Smart TVs, Vizio Smartcast TVs and Amazon Channels. For more details on CBS All Access, please visit https://www.cbs.com/all-access.
The Senior Product Designer will create thorough and compelling UX plus visually stunning and engaging UI designs that are pixel perfect. Responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts, developing interactive design solutions and designing user interfaces across all platforms. You will work with a collaborative team of producers, developers and product leads in creating high-quality, user-centric designs that will impact the future of our products that include our highly acclaimed streaming service, “CBS All Access”.
- Will work directly within a team of Product Designers and report to the Sr. Director of Design.
- Will keep up to date on industry trends and provide an understanding on how those trends may elevate our products.
- Will work closely with Product Managers, Developers and QA resources to create industry leading products.
- Will analyze data and develop interactive prototypes to drive product direction.
- Will research the competitive landscape, create user flows and provide wireframes that take into consideration evolving functionality, technological innovation and their effects on the product or company revenue.
- Will ensure pixel perfect designs are on brand and are created based on Product requirements and stakeholder input.
- Will passionately inspire his/her teammates to produce the best product designs possible.
CBS is the number one TV network in the country, one of the largest creators of content in the world, and a pioneer in digital streaming entertainment. At our Burbank design studio, Product Designers have the opportunity to work on the streaming service CBS All Access across CBS.com, CBS mobile apps and connected TV devices (Apple TV, Roku etc). It's not an understatement to say that the designs that come out of this division contribute to the overall success of our company.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- A solid portfolio showcasing exceptional UX and UI work across multiple platforms.
- Strong conceptual skills.
- An understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines.
- The ability to give presentations to stakeholders and defending design strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and a fine eye for detail.
- The ability to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
- A mastery of Sketch
- Prototyping experience
You might also have:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working on video streaming services
- Entertainment experience
Posted 13 days ago