Senior UX Designer
We are seeking a Senior UX Designer to create intuitive interfaces for our family of brands. As a part of our Innovation Team, you will establish and promote the design systems that millions of engineers rely on to get their jobs done. You'll manage asset libraries in our design tools and drive adoption of these assets across the organization. You'll analyze data and act on the insights to create opportunity. You'll seek feedback from users, customers, and coworkers to keep a groomed backlog of work for greatest impact. You'll work with product managers to define requirements, and see the work through development to completion.
Above all you'll be the architect and defender of our core experience. You're excited by change, and ready to make it happen.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to chat.
This full-time position is based at our company headquarters in Albany, NY.
· Design and document user flows that are simple, elegant, and flexible.
· Craft multi-use design patterns used across IEEE GlobalSpec applications. desktop, web, iOS, and Android.
· Collect feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
· Maintain, rank, and distribute quantitative and qualitative user feedback.
· Take part in design sprints as prototyping lead. You know when to produce a lo-fi sketch, and when to dial up the detail.
· Build positive relationships with core business leaders to inspire world changing work.
· Own your process. As a senior member we're counting on you to manage your work and commitments.
· Strong portfolio showcasing your past work contributions.
· 4+ years of experience designing modern user interfaces
· Experience designing cross-platform products.
· Experience establishing and promoting design systems at scale.
· Proud owner of Legos since the age of 3.
· Ability to communicate design concepts to gain stakeholder approval.
· Experience working with product managers and developers.
· Software Experience Preferred: Sketch/Figma, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
ABOUT IEEE GLOBALSPEC
IEEE GlobalSpec is a leading digital media organization that provides strategic media solutions to inspire and inform its global audience of engineers and technology professionals across a wide range of technical disciplines.
Our audience relies on the IEEE GlobalSpec family of brands at all stages of the research, design, and purchasing process. For industrial marketers, we combine the power of our authoritative brands with a broad portfolio of digital and content capabilities. We develop best-in-class digital advertising solutions that meet objectives, build brand value, and connect clients to their ideal target audiences. A community built by engineers for engineers, we delight in creating media solutions for today’s engineering organizations while passionately pursuing the answers to the question of “what’s next.” Come join us on our journey.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE GlobalSpec Positions.”
This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
IEEE GlobalSpec, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Posted 14 days ago Apply Now