Senior Visual Designer
At Nokia, we innovate to meet real human needs, using technology to positively impact people’s lives.
We are looking for a Senior Visual Designer to help us create exceptional digital products. As Senior Visual Designer, you’ll develop and deliver design solutions for web, mobile and brand. You’ll be comfortable partnering with a multidisciplinary team including product managers, industrial designers, and software/hardware engineers.
You must be passionate about developing useful, practical and delightful human-centered products that solve both user and business needs. Your projects will range from supporting existing apps for products like Nokia WiFi through to designing concept work for our new product incubation groups. You must be comfortable with a wide range of design projects, from designing highly technical dashboards for business users through to developing brand guidelines for how we engage with consumers.
Your position will be based in our design studio in San Francisco's Mission District. You will work in a combined team of UI and industrial designers.
- A highly refined aesthetic sense, including a strong appreciation for typography, color theory and layout
- Experience in building and shipping hardware and/or software products
- Proven ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team and are a strong, driven individual
- Skilled using modern design tools (Adobe CC Suite / Sketch / Figma / etc) and are a quick adopter of new tools
- Experience in prototyping products (some programming knowledge / After Effects / Keynote / Framer / Principal / other)
- Basic motion design skills
- Able to function independently and in a team environment with solid collaboration skills
- Enjoy diversity in your work and can juggle multiple projects ranging from technical design systems to brand experiences
Education & Experience
- 4+ years work experience with a focus on product design and UI across a variety of platforms including desktop and mobile
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or equivalent work experience