User Interface Designer
The User Interface Designer works with the Web Strategy team, the ITS Web Development team, and business unit partners to support the expansion of content and functionality on CPG’s websites, software and applications to reach CPG’s vision of a unified customer experience across the organization. Will be responsible for creating engaging online experiences through the design and development of user interface (UI) features based on user research, best practices for web design and user experience design.This role requires broad knowledge and skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Work with business partners, Web Strategy and ITS to create new application interfaces, web site sections and functionality.
· Assist with gathering requirements and needs, creating wireframes, working with web developers to ensure best practices and style guides and standards for user experience and web design are followed.
· Take an active role in planning with team members, providing art direction to other teams, and working with Project Managers and Software Engineers to implement designs into technology frameworks.
· Create prototypes using a variety of tools (pen and paper, notecards, whiteboards, Invision, Sketch, Adobe After Effects, etc.
· Participate in and observe usability tests during the creation process to help guide designs to the best possible solution.
· Maintain and evolve CPG’s digital style guide supporting consistent brand experiences across all platforms and devices.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE AND FACILITY WITH:
· Creating wireframes, user journeys and information architectures.
· Design tools such as: Sketch, Invision, OmniGraffle, Adobe Creative Suite.
· A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, and usability.
· Interface and user experience (UX) practices, including knowledge of latest trends and technologies.
· Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
· Content management systems.
· Careful attention to detail.
· A collegial and collaborative working style.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in art or design discipline.
· 3+ years of professional experience with web design and implementation.
· A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), user testing, rapid prototyping, and accessibility.
· Experience with financial services/employer benefits a plus.Posted 16 days ago Apply Now