Head of Design
📢 This position is remote-friendly :) We're open to anyone in the U.S.
We help people rebalance their lives, with a little less work and a little more play. Our small part in striking this balance is to switch up the space where you work.
We want to be the go-to guide for finding great workspace, whenever and wherever you need it. We believe you should be free to choose when and where you work, so you have more time for everything else.
And we’re not the only ones - companies that trust their employees with flexible work policies are winning. 84% of workers want location flexibility, and companies that support remote workers have 25% lower turnover. We started Out Of Office to build the most trusted app for trusted workers.
Our iOS app is live in San Francisco, with more than 500 free work-friendly locations, and dozens of bookable premium spaces.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an interdisciplinary product designer to lead all design efforts across the company. On our small team, there are endless opportunities to make a big impact, show off a variety of skills, and shape the role to suit your unique mix of talents. But your primary discipline should be designing interfaces and experiences for the iPhone, since that’s what we’re working on now.
- You have at least 5 years of design experience, and you’ve spent 3 or more years working on consumer apps. This won’t be your first or second mobile project.
- You’re constantly curious about the big picture and seek to understand business opportunities and challenges.
- You propose elegant and comprehensive designs to address high-level business goals.
- You obsess over pixel-level detail, and you believe every design decision should be intentional.
- You have a portfolio demonstrating your experience designing beautiful and intuitive digital products.
- You’re forward-thinking and design for scale. You create and maintain reusable elements, design systems, and component libraries when it makes sense.
- You know best practices for designing and prototyping in Figma/Sketch.
- You’re keen to design all the things an early-stage company needs (marketing sites, html emails, product UI/UX, iconography, illustrations, print materials, etc.).
- You have experience designing both B2C and B2B products.
- You’ve worked at a marketplace business, and understand the challenge of designing for both sellers and buyers.
- You’ve worked remotely before, or have been on a team with full-time remote workers.
- You’re proficient writing HTML/CSS/JS.
- You have an interest in interior design.
- You have experience with package design and designing for physical spaces.
- You have experience managing a team, or want to become the world’s best design manager.
Comp & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock in the company
- Medical premium covered at 100%
- We’re a remote team. This means you make your own schedule to maximize productivity and ensure you take care of yourself and your family.
- Our vacation policy is “take vacation.” That means unlimited PTO.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\Posted 17 days ago Apply Now