UI/UX Designer (Mid-level)
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a multidisciplinary designer who is able to take our clients’ ideas from initial research and strategy through to final designs and prototypes. If you’re skilled in UX/UI and want to grow in research and strategy, that’s perfect – Table XI will give you the opportunities to grow into the skills you’re interested in learning. In this role, you’ll be a partner to our clients, creating beautiful, functional designs that solve a true human need. You have a sharp eye for the details and a proven ability to translate user needs into elegant, pixel-perfect designs. You’re humble and curious, and you’re willing to be wrong about your ideas because you know that the path to creating great products is paved in user research and validation. This is your chance to work with world-class creative technologists, grow your skills, and solve user problems.
What we expect from you
As a mid-level product designer at Table XI, we’d want you to:
- Create human-centered, visually stunning designs informed by research insights, business goals, and product requirements.
- Lead the end-to-end design process over the course of a project, from initial research and strategy to final designs and prototypes.
- Plan, design, and conduct research studies, whether generative or evaluative in nature, and synthesize and present your findings to clients.
- Partner with our clients by understanding their business, building relationships, and guiding strategic decisions to make them more successful.
- Work collaboratively on a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and project strategists.
- Clearly articulate your design decisions, and present your work to clients.
- Be curious. It’s okay if you’re not a full-stack designer yet, but we’re hoping that you want to grow into it.
Who we are
At Table XI, our product is our people. To deliver the best solutions, we need as many bright and diverse minds in the room as possible, and we need to be able to learn from them once they’re there. That’s why we’re working to create an environment that’s comfortable and inclusive for everyone. We know the tech industry isn't always as welcoming as it should be. But we're happy to do the work of making it better, both at our company and in our community.
Our team is important to us, and we're excited to have been recognized as both one of Built in Chicago's 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in Chicago 2019 and Inc. Magazine's America's Best Workplaces of 2019.
For 16 years, we've built our design and development consultancy around three small words and one big idea: tech done right. To us, it means more than sound design and clean code. It means doing right by our partners, our peers, and our community.
We’re a curious and humble group of people who love to build things. Learning is the key to our culture, and we’re always looking for new skills to pick up and ways to hone our craft. We bring that same curiosity to our clients, digging into their needs so we can make sure our design and development projects look great, work great, and push client businesses forward. Our clients look to us as a strategic partner, and we make decisions that affect their long-term success.
Who we’ve helped
- Northwestern University research facilities perform and advance clinical research
- AccuWeather prototype and design new features for their weather applications
- Tyson Foods deploy Design Thinking methods to create one of Time magazine's top 10 smartest, most sustainable products of 2018
- More than 25,000 people participate in Chicago Ideas Week each year
- Pharmaceutical companies ensure that medicines and vaccines are manufactured and stored properly
- PechaKucha build a global community of storytellers, in over 1100 cities around the world
- Roger Ebert solidify his legacy as a film critic
But the work is just part of what makes Table XI a fun place to be. We make time for people to follow their interests, whether that's branching into other disciplines, taking courses on hand-lettering, or figuring out what design ethics means to us. If there's something you're passionate about, we want to help you pursue it so you can teach it to the rest of us. Our weekly Lunch and Learns have covered everything from an X-Files approach to design, React/Redux basics, culinary skills for home cooks, to website performance testing.
What our team enjoys
- Daily gourmet meals cooked in-house with vegetarian, gluten-free, and other options available
- The promise of minimal travel
- A casual loft office that pairs an open floor plan with quiet rooms
- Competitive salary
- Paid parental leave
- Aetna health insurance
- 401k plan, including employer matching
We take equality seriously
Table XI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon the candidate’s completion of a Form I-9 and delivery of appropriate documentation to establish the candidate’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now