Director of Product Design
Build a high functioning UX team
- Directly manage the UX team (currently 3 designers and 1 user researcher). Hire as needed. Prepare performance goals and periodic reviews.
- Foster team collaboration both within UX and between UX and other functions.
- Develop career paths and learning activities to improve capabilities and stay current with UX best practices
- Anticipate and plan for our ability to scale the UX function
Deliver high-quality products
- Ensure the UX team delivers quality work, efficiently and on time. Plan and organize projects of all sizes in our Agile environment. Coordinate with Product Management, Program Management, Engineering, and Quality functions.
- Partner with product managers and others to help define product requirements
- Use customer insights and data, plus your extraordinary creativity and design expertise, to solve users’ problems with elegant, highly functional designs for web and mobile apps
- Oversee Glooko’s Design System (visual, interaction, and verbal) to ensure it is consistently applied and evolves to meet market expectations and user needs. Work with Engineering to efficiently implement it across all products and to retire design debt over time
Deepen and leverage customer knowledge
- Lead initiatives that bring the voice of the user into strategic and product decisions
- Empower UX and other functions with information to make user-centric, data-driven decisions about roadmaps, feature design, and other priorities
- Own and continue to develop our stock of user knowledge, including personas, user journeys, qualitative and quantitative data sources, and pools of research participants
- Foster design thinking throughout the company. Communicate how to use design tools and approaches to deliver business results
- Leverage design methods to improve how we work
- Are a proven design leader who can grow and inspire your organization and the teams they interact with
- Have 3+ years experience leading and managing the UX function at a SaaS company that serves consumers and other non-expert users
- Have 7+ years of experience designing and shipping successful web and mobile apps (iOS and Android) for non-expert users
- Show a track record of growing and mentoring UX staff in a broad range of design skills and processes
- Demonstrate your exceptional design skills and user-centric design thinking through a compelling, well-organized portfolio and presentations
- Have experience implementing and evolving design systems
- Possess a collaborative, learning mindset, constantly seeking improvement, and are eager to grow and share knowledge
- Thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, and timely execution as part of an agile team
- Share our passion for creating a product that truly helps people with diabetes live healthier, better lives
- Have excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Have a degree in design, human factors, HCI, user experience or related field
- Are proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure or similar tools, Zeplin and JIRA
- Experience with multi-language applications is a plus
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps those people, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management providing an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data from over 50 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko Benefits Include:
- Have a meaningful impact on people’s lives
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and transportation incentives
- Annual reimbursement on fitness expenses (gym memberships, running shoes, yoga classes, etc.)
- 401(k) matching program
- Valuable experience in the rapidly growing mobile health industry
Glooko provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Glooko complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.Posted 19 days ago Apply Now