Lead Product Designer
A bit about Prospa
We’ve quickly become Australia’s #1 online lender to small businesses because we get to better faster. In the past 5 years, Prospa’s lending has boosted the Australian GDP by $3.65 bn and added 52,500 full time jobs.
Our game-changing tech speeds up how we do our business and our 5-star service speeds up the smiles on our customers.
No 2 days are the same because we keep shifting what good looks like. And that quickly opens new opportunities that can fast-track your career.
The care-factor is real. We truly give a damn about what we do, who we do it for and who we do it with. If you’re the same, we might have something for you…
We are looking for seasoned, curious lead product designers with strong visual skills. As the Lead Product Designer, you play a central role in guiding your teammates in designing future-proof products and services, and helping our clients adapt in an increasingly complex and changing world.
You take a hands-on role and have considerable experience in designing visual language systems for digital products and services. You push design forward with brilliant creative ideas and compelling designs, delivering production-ready quality material with a fine attention to detail. You share our belief that stand-out design is about more than utility and need; great design pushes boundaries and creates emotive experiences.
You will work directly with the Founders, Product and Technology teams to help define and deliver creative products that our customers love to use. You will be working with stakeholders to understand project goals, be deeply involved with user research, and responsible for delivering innovative and engaging design solutions for our customers.
You will be responsible for the design of all touch points used by customers and Prospa staff, from research and concept, to pixel-perfect delivery. Our design philosophy is built on the foundational belief that design is problem-solving where user research helps discover the right customer problems to tackle and then UI and graphic design helps solve the problems with beautiful, elegant solutions.
Your design world at Prospa will encompass:
Disciplines: UI and interaction design; Platforms: websites, transactional web applications, apps on desktop and mobile (iOS and Android);Touchpoints: Prospa website, onboarding and loan application journey, partner portal, Salesforce etc; and Audiences: small business owners, channel partners and internal staff
What you will do:
- Acting as a thought leader and setting Prospa's visual design direction
- Building out a design system for Prospa
- Crafting beautiful, simple to use digital product user interfaces across web and mobile;
- Translating insights from user research into designs that solve customer problems;
- Executing and delivering the design of product user interfaces that are beautiful and easy to use;
- Building artefacts (e.g. UI kit, style guide, pattern/UI component libraries) and defining processes and ways of working to consistently deliver high quality designs;
- Working with developers (especially frontend) and product owners to implement designs;
- Mentoring designers to execute their best work
- Extensive career and experience in product design, UI, graphic design, art direction
- Experienced with crafting low fidelity sketches to high-fidelity interactive prototypes across websites, web applications, apps on desktop and mobile (iOS and Android) using tools such as Sketch (or equivalent), InVision, Principle, Marvel, Zeplin etc
- The ability to create all necessary production-ready assets required to launch products and features, as well as working knowledge of implementing designs in Web HTML (responsive), iOS and Android
- Excellent people leadership and management skills
To succeed, you will have natural attention to detail and a healthy obsession over every pixel and every micro-interaction across our products.
You will be a strong collaborator who thrives in a cross-functional team environment, and an exceptional communicator who can explain design decisions and persuade non-designers to their way of thinking with objective, well-evidenced arguments.
You are enthusiastic about coaching and mentoring fellow team members to raise the bar of all designs delivered by Prospa.
Come and join our team:
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please apply now.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.Posted 19 days ago Apply Now