SANS is seeking an experienced and proactive leader to join our marketing team as Art Director. This person must have experience leading brands through a creative transition, building processes and standards while managing designers who are executing on multiple projects simultaneously. They should be able to easily capture a brand vision and develop a comprehensive suite of representative graphics to be used by a fast-moving marketing team. They must have the proven ability to build and maintain high-functioning creative service processes and platforms, they will insist on timely delivery of on-brand projects, and they must be able to execute outstanding design in all formats, print and digital.
The Art Director will report to the Director of Brand Marketing and will work across and with multi-disciplinary experts to conceptualize, design, and produce creative solutions that achieve strategic goals for each project and client.
Expectations include: endless idea generation, problem solving, leadership, and vision. They will see an idea through, from brainstorm to art direction, client presentation to production.
- Oversee all creative work for SANS, managing projects from concept to delivery, and assigning tasks to internal and external designers according to marketing team and business priorities.
- Work closely with a collaborative team of marketers and designers, providing direction, or offering guidance and design support to drive projects towards satisfactory completion.
- Balance multiple projects of competing priority and complexity while maintaining quality and brand standards.
- Create and maintain all brand guidelines in alignment with the organization’s mission and persona.
- Contribute high-quality creative work, from conception to execution, that demonstrates an innovative, market-leading approach to graphic design.
- Interpret marketing briefs and become familiar with clients' products and services, the target audience, and competitors' activities in order to deliver desired creative with as little iteration as possible.
- Create a turnkey creative process to streamline the creative workflow.
- Help oversee the design and development of a wide variety of project types including but not limited to: logo/brand identity, print collateral, website design, digital assets, infographics, pitches, presentations, direct mail, environmental assets, and much more.
- Be accountable for the project design deliverables and quality control; use strong information presentation (visual and written) skills.
- Oversee organization of all design deliverables, ensuring that the marketing team has ready access to the graphics or design support they need.
- Manage administration of design platforms and financials, and report activity and budget updates to manager.
- Stay informed of design trends and new technologies; provide innovative ideas for design solutions in support of objectives and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field required.
- 10+ years hands-on graphic design experience with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong, dynamic portfolio showcasing creativity and versatility.
- Effective time management, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experienced at forecasting and developing timelines for concurrent projects.
- Advanced in print publication design and the print production process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with a diverse and global marketing team.
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills; ability to be client-facing.
- Advanced working knowledge of all Adobe Creative Suite platforms, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Advanced in creating branding systems, with emphasis on iconography and strong typography.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Posted 19 days ago