Associate Graphic Designer
Essence of the Role
Catchafire is looking for an Associate Graphic Designer to join our in-house Design team and use their skills for good by visually communicating our brand across channels.
Catchafire is a web based platform that matches skilled professionals who want to volunteer their skills with Nonprofits that need help. This is an exciting time for our company as we strive to meet our next phase of growth—helping as many non-profits as possible as well as hosting our first full-scale conference.
This role will cover a spectrum of design responsibilities ranging from print marketing and brand work to digital production and presentation design. The ideal candidate is someone who is early in their career and eager to get experience working across different mediums in a fast-paced technology start-up in the social good sector at a mission driven organization.
- Create digital and print marketing materials according to brand guidelines
- Design branded swag for events and conferences
- Design presentation decks to help our executives and sales teams deliver their messages clearly and effectively
- Photo production including sourcing stock images and color correcting images shot in-house
- Create physical signage and pop-up displays for events and conferences
- Design transactional emails
- Purpose-driven: You are a passionate believer that good design and clear communication can make the world a better place. You make design decisions with clear intent and see 'page decorating' as the antithesis of effective design
- Team Contributor: You support your fellow design team-mates and pitch in whatever ways you can when up against deadlines
- Communicator: You can communicate your design concepts to stakeholders as well as teammates and find a balance between defending your vision and finding alternative solutions when needed.
- Detail oriented: You check your work twice ensuring that no aspect has gone unnoticed
- Humility: You can take critiques of your work well and respond to feedback thoughtfully without offense. You constantly strive to improve your skills, knowledge and personal development.
Ideal candidates must have:
- 1-3 years experience
- Able to use the Adobe Creative Suite- Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator
- Figma, Sketch or similar
- G suite
- Must be able to share an online portfolio
This position is based in New York City or nearby.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
How to Apply
If our values resonate with you, email your resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Please specify "Associate Graphic Designer" in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions:
(1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire?
(2) What inspired you to become a graphic designer?
Posted about 2 months ago