Product UX/UI Designer
Hatch is looking for talented Product Designers!
Do you want to join a rapidly growing Product Team that brings passion and a collaborative spirit into work each and every day?
Do you want a role that allows you to work both independently and collectively to bring new products and features to market–from connecting with customers and getting meaningful insights to developing the personas, flows, mockups and prototypes that help the organization understand and buy into your vision?
Do you want to design products that are the perfect balance of form and function, smart and simple, and effective and engaging?
Are you perpetually curious, think in terms of systems, see patterns where others don’t, and want to solve problems that help our customers, Small Business Owners, succeed and grow?
Apply today and join our rapidly growing and talented Product Team!
Hatch is a Y-combinator company focused on helping small and medium size businesses use text messaging to increase sales and improve customer service.
A little about the job...
- Brainstorm and create prototypes/sketches to gain real feedback
- Draft high level user stories, experience flows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes
- Represent the user experience craft in a cross-functional team
- Deepdive into analytics and research to unearth actionable insights and catalysts
- Produce specifications and assets for final release
- Communicate your solution across the organization
- Collaborate with Team leadership to cultivate a design-thinking process across the company, sharing inspiration and outside perspectives.
- Develop straightforward design approaches to complex design problems
- Scramble towards a deadline while not losing sight of the customers’ needs or best practices.
A little about you...
- 4-7 years of professional UX/UI or product design experience within a startup, agency, consultancy, or SaaS company
- BA/BS in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or Graphic Design preferred.
- Experience working on a collaborative team working directly with product managers and engineers to implement software design solutions
- A portfolio of work that captures your thought process, workflow and design skills across various projects
- Excellent presentation, communication and organization skills
- Ability to time manage and meet deadlines when needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
A little about our many benefits…
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
A little about Hatch and our company......
Located in Richmond Virginia, our company has humble beginnings. We started as a service based company that would consult with businesses on modernizing their companies using technology. What we learned pretty quickly, was that with the majority of these companies, two way text messaging was still being used like it was 25 years ago. It wasn't professional, most of it was super manual, and the company itself had no control over it. So we started Hatch - the world's most powerful SMS messaging platform for businesses (and simple!!).
Hatch is experiencing explosive growth after going through Y-Combinator is Silicon Valley, and we need help building out our team.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, changing the way these businesses and their users work? Join Hatch
Posted about 2 months ago