Senior Brand Designer
BiblioCommons is a Toronto based software company that builds SaaS solutions for public libraries. Located in the heart of the tech district at Spadina and Adelaide, we have a team of 80+ people who are passionate about making public libraries accessible, delightful and engaging. We are honoured to work with some of the most prestigious public libraries in North America.
Libraries are some of North America’s architectural marvels — gorgeous, carefully thought-out spaces for learning. It’s time the online spaces for libraries lived up to their physical counterparts— and that’s where you come in.
We’re growing rapidly, and are on the hunt for people who are excited about the opportunity to shape the digital future of libraries. Designers at BiblioCommons are strategic partners not just with our technology and product teams here in Toronto, but with our library customers across North America.
How you will make an impact:
We’re looking for a passionate, multi-talented Senior Brand Designer to help shape the future of the BiblioCommons brand in digital & print. This includes a combination of needs, including not limited to: websites, logotypes & icons, product marketing campaigns, emails, video/motion production graphics and more.
We’d love to see a portfolio of work that demonstrates great taste and thoughtful design work in a clear, straightforward manner. We want to hear about your contribution to each featured project, and how you went about solving the business & design problems involved. Your passion for beautiful visual design must come through first and foremost.
The BiblioCommons design team is small and agile. Design is a top priority for our entire company. We’re looking for a great team player with a thoughtful mindset who is resourceful & independent.
What you will be doing:
- Lead design projects to support product, marketing and sales and help drive our overall business goals
- Create new design assets and update existing: websites, templates, case studies, infographics, videos, presentations
- Create and maintain production files for digital & printed assets
- Build concepts and help develop strategy to execute brand campaigns
- Participate in briefs, group meetings, and key stakeholder presentations
- Present design directions to the CEO, project leads and internal stakeholders for discussion and approval
- Thoroughly understand the BiblioCommons brand and its applications. Contribute to brand guidelines and ensure consistency across mediums
- Collaborate well with our Design Team Lead and Head of Marketing to design concepts & deploy polished production with minimal oversight.
What you will bring to the team:
- Agency experience a plus.
- Expertise in digital-first tools (Sketch, Figma), as well as the Adobe Suite. Skills in illustration, photography and digital retouching experience a plus
- A portfolio filled with high-quality visual design
- You are passionate about a collaborative creative process, exploring multiple concepts and aligning design deliverables with business goals (OKRs)
- Able to lead a project with multiple stakeholders throughout the company
- Animation and video editing experience a plus
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Healthy snacks
- Friday happy hour
- Monthly team lunch and demos
- Annual hackathons
- Sponsored recreational sports team
- Professional development program
BiblioCommons is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.
Posted 24 days ago