Digital Product Designer
WHO WE ARE
We are capable and curious individuals who champion user-centered design. Our work reaches and delights millions of people daily. We are professionals skilled in multi-faceted interaction design creation. We derive satisfaction by creating the best hardware, software, and mobile application experiences. This role focuses on hardware-based user experience challenges.
WHAT DRIVES YOU?
- Elated seeing your design emerge in iterative physical forms.
- Fascinated by user behavior and energized by new technologies that solve real problems.
- Seeing value in multiple approaches to solve a problem. Pursuing the balance between vision and pragmatism.
- Sweating the details and expecting the same of your colleagues.
- Dissatisfied with the status quo and comfortable taking risks, failing fast, and learning quickly.
- You get ID, and they get you.
WHO ARE YOU?
You think flexibly
- You think about the individual design requirements and implementation, but constantly consider the continuity through multiple experiences.
- You’re trained to deliver thoughtful and complete user needs analysis, with clearly prioritized and defined user workflows to inform architectural requirements.
You get it done
- You launched physical products into the world that delighted customers.
- You highlight the problems others don’t notice, and deploy a refined design toolset to tackle these challenges.
- You are capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing your own work, as well as helping junior designers do the same.
You want to be part of a team
- You take direction while effectively leading others toward a clear experience vision, articulating the value of a human-centered approach to the business and to our customers.
- You enjoy engaging with multiple team members and value diverse perspectives. You want feedback and recognize the necessity of working together to get a product out the door.
- Three to five years of launching physical products into the world. Hands-on experience designing consumer electronics products
- You have a bachelor’s degree in human factors engineering, User Interface/Interaction Design, HCI, Behavior Sciences or a related field, with several years of related work experience.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates strong experience in creating concepts and detailing consumer journey, specifying interaction for hardware, but mindful of associated digital assistants for consumer products.
- You are highly capable using the tools of our trade including Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, PowerPoint/Keynote, Illustrator, and learning new tools as they arise.
- Extensive experience in working directly with engineers and leading complex discussions in UX design.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Incredible time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Master's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field, or equivalent professional experience in the design field
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation, including both a 401k and pension plan (Yes, pensions still exist!)
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- A culture that recognizes the importance of your life and learning outside the walls of Bose. – with financial support to continue your education
- Co-workers who want you to succeed, because your success is our success.
- Management which focuses on removing road blocks, enabling and growing individuals, and championing the work of the team.
- An atmosphere where failure is seen as an opportunity to grow, taking risks is encouraged, and respect is paramount.
Posted 24 days ago Apply Now