🎨 Visual Designer (Creative)
Remote, permanent, full-time (40h/week) position
If you have a soft spot for bootstrapped, profitable companies with a meaningful product, and you would like to hone creative designer skills in a refreshing and flexible work environment, you might quite like this rare open position at Drops.
Drops’ goal is to turn language learning into a delightful game while ensuring effective learning. Drops is one of the top10 most innovative education companies according to FastCompany. Our app is in the Appstore for 3 years, teaches 32 languages, was featured by both the App Store and Play Store multiple times - App of the Year in 2018 on the Play Store - and the company is still run by the founders. We are a small, super-capable remote team mainly spread across Europe (we have a small marketing crew in California) . We’re working synchronously, so time zones matter for us. We communicate via Slack, Git and Trello. We want to be the no.1 app for vocabulary learning and we are getting there quickly with our current user base of 12 million, a monthly active of >1,500,000 and an average store rating of 4.7.
You can find us here: http://drops.app.link/
Here’s what we’re currently after:
- You’ll be the person who creates beautiful illustrations in-app, for the appstores, for our website and various marketing materials.
- We want to elevate the level of our illustration based vocabulary teaching method by introducing a signature Drops-style and we need you to manage this project
- We’re building a small, but super capable team. You’re naturally more interested in the fate of the product & driven to grow professionally, than in managing people.
- We are looking for a missionary rather than a mercenary.
- We value clear and honest communication and transparency, it’s the linchpin of our culture and current success and freedom. You will be involved in both high and low level decision making and will be available during European working hours (9AM - 6PM GMT).
Skills and experience You have:
- Experience in designing promotional artwork both static and video
- Designing websites
- Designing newsletters
- Designing AppStore/PlayStore promotional materials
- Experience designing creatives (ads, banner, etc)
- Experience working with external clients
- Illustration skills
- Cross-functional, collaborative design experience
- Good self and general management skills - project management
- You should be comfortable working with Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- You are native in these softwares: Google G-suite (docs, spreadsheet, etc), Slack, Trello
- Remote work experience
- Pro-active autonomous work
- Excellent taste in design
- High self-awareness and discipline which is essential for remote work
Nice to haves skills:
- Animation skills
- Working with print / physical deliverables
- Knowledge in semiotics
Tasks You will deal with:
- Managing the illustration pipeline for the whole content, like iterating on the signature Drops illustration styleguide and selecting and managing the work of an icon design studio
- Designing AppStore/PlayStore assets - app icon, various screenshot designs
- Designing graphics for use in the product - - achievement badges, purchase page value prop icons, etc
- Design various marketing materials (feature introduction, language addition introduction, newsletter illustration, instagram, press kit elements, etc)
- 👥 An awesomely compact 18 person team
- 🧠 Yearly educational allowance
- 💪 fitness allowance
- 🌍 All the perks of remote working
- 💻 High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 30 days of holiday per year (including Christmas and other holidays)
- ✈️ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Sicily, the Netherlands, Iceland, Budapest were previous locations)
Posted 27 days ago