Senior Art Director
The role of The Senior Art Director leads visual design for our clients and understands the complete picture of a brand. They can express their ideas effectively, whether presenting to clients or working with their teammates. They provide leadership and direction to designers and influence the way everyone thinks about design at Edge. The Senior Art Director collaborates across disciplines. This key creative leader will brainstorm with strategists to deliver purposed and innovative solutions, work with content teams to shape the audience experience, and collaborate with developers to implement sound solutions.
Projects creatively led by the Senior Art Director will include large content-rich websites, video, digital and traditional marketing campaigns, print collateral and other digital experiences.
Your mission at Edge will be to push boundaries, breathe life into their projects with innovative ideas and create visual work that’s at the forefront of digital media.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills in order to keep all parties updated on project progress, issues, etc. This person will be eager to learn, have attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Your curiosity pushes you to think beyond the obvious to create exceptional design
- Collaborate and inspire print, digital, video and social creative
- Brainstorm and concept with team members
- Concept multiple creative solutions for any given project
- Build prototypes/mock-ups
- Articulate and defend design decisions
- Share your perspectives and seek input from others
- Champion of user experience and the critical role it plays in every digital experience
- Overall responsibility for the on time and successful delivery of production projects via internal personnel and freelancers. Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Stay abreast of projects and follow up on established due dates.
- Meet regularly to keep project teams well-informed.
- Coordinate production activities with Account Managers as necessary.
- Facilitate internal written and verbal status communication.
- Be a stickler for creating perfect production files
- Take projects from concept to production
- Integrate innovative technologies and digital solutions
- Ensure branding is consistent and prominent
- Perform Asset Quality Reviews (AQRs), review production schedules.
- Coordinate asset deliveries and overall deliverables w/ internal and external teams. Executes all projects according to agency operational processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience building exceptional brand identity systems, and executing across print and digital
- Deep experience working on large-scale digital projects (websites, social media)
- Strong creative point of view grounded in strategic thinking
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent typographic sensibility and illustration skills
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch
- Experience in leading a team (Freelance and internal)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 6+ years of design experience, preferably in a branding agency or design studio
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design or similar design-related experience
- Previous agency experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL, TRAVEL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- None to occasional travel as needed.
Posted 24 days ago