Mindfulness.com has a vision for a more kind and conscious world. It is a not-only for profit company dedicated to the mission of spreading mindfulness throughout the world. Through the organisation’s online events, such as The Mindfulness Summit (the world’s largest mindfulness conference), we work with the world's leading Mindfulness teachers, researchers and organisations as well as serving our current community of over 300,000 people around the world. Mindfulness.com has so far donated over $750,000 to mindfulness-based charities, furthering our mission to make mindfulness mainstream and bring healing to those most in need of the training.
On Mindfulness.com we are building a world class learning and community platform (served via the web and native mobile apps) to help people stress less, have calmer, happier minds, to sleep better, to improve our relationships, to become better leaders and to bring more joy and fulfilment in our lives. We’re making the highest quality mindfulness training and events accessible and affordable to anyone in the world whilst showcasing the world's best mindfulness teachers, neuroscientists and influencers.
We’re planning on becoming a key, central resource and service provider to the entire global Mindfulness & Meditation industry which is setting up to be as transformational as physical fitness has been in society. Find out more at mindfulness.com
- We are a team of 5 people working remotely in the AEST (Sydney, Australia) timezone.
- We value high autonomy and flexibility around working hours and structure.
- We value getting good work done, and aim to minimise distractions.
- We value open and honest feedback to help each other grow.
- Life is short, we have fun along the way.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
- The company was founded late last year (2018)
- We’re just about to launch our iOS app into a closed beta
- Over the coming months we will be iterating on the app to create something that our community loves.
- Work with small product team to iterate on existing UX of the iOS app while in closed-beta.
- Design upcoming features for the app, and web platform (later this year)
- Lead the product design process through ideation, feedback, iteration, and release.
- Get access to a huge audience to validate and test design prototypes with.
- Help guide the iteration process as we work to nail product-market fit.
- Be involved in every aspect of product development (we’re small)
- Work with a passionate team to design a product that our community loves.
- Contribute to product’s long-term strategy.
SOME THINGS WE THINK ARE IMPORTANT
- You are a product designer with experience designing iOS apps and web products.
- You are customer focused and seek to empathise with your audience.
- You are a clear communicator (written and verbal).
- You seek to validate your designs with customers before getting them built.
- You enjoy collaborating with team members on design problems.
- You thrive in remote work environments (directing your own work).
- You are passionate about mindfulness and have integrated it into some level of your own life.
TOOLS YOU WOULD BE USING
- We use Figma for all our design work.
- We also use Figma to build prototypes that we test with our community.
- We communicate in Slack.
- We organise in Notion.
FULLY REMOTE, BUT TIMEZONE IS IMPORTANT
The team works +/- 2 hours from AEST time (Australian Eastern Standard Timezone). While this position is remote and therefore offers flexibility, the product designer will work closely with this core team - therefore we do require at least 4 hours working hours to be compatible with AEST to allow for synchronous communication and to ensure work progresses quickly and smoothly, so we can all enjoy a good lifestyle.
THE FINE PRINT
- Competitive salary package
- Potential to start part-time then scale up.
- Remote working conditions (no office)
- BYO tech (laptop not provided)
- Flexible working hours
- Team retreats
- Professional development
- We offer Visa sponsorship. If you would like to migrate to the East Coast of Australia and live an idyllic lifestyle in Byron Bay or Sydney, we would be happy to manage and cover the cost of that for you and your family.
When applying, please provide your resume, cover letter and any relevant links to your past works (portfolio, shipped products, etc). As part of your cover letter, be sure to include a little about who you are, your unique qualifications and why you’re interested in this role. Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 28 days ago