The World Surf League (WSL) is dedicated to celebrating the world's best surfing on the world's best waves through a variety of best-in-class audience platforms. The WSL is a truly global sports and media company with regional offices in Australia, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, and Europe. In 2016, Kelly Slater Wave Company (KSWC), joined the WSL as an innovative wave technology company. KSWC is the first to develop a formula that combines cutting-edge science, engineering, and design to create the longest, open-barrel, high-performance wave in existence. In 2018, WSL announced the creation of WSL Studios, focused on being the home of live competitive surf content and the premier place to create short-form, TV series, documentaries and feature films oriented around surfing, surf-lifestyle and ocean conservancy.
The Product Designer plays an integral role on our Product team and reports directly into the SVP, Digital. This role outlines the voice of our fans and it will be up to this individual to lead the product team to ensure they are always meeting our user’s expectations and desires. The Designer will be developing solutions across our digital platform. Supporting the needs of our loyal fans, our surfers and the tools and processes we’ve developed to produce and broadcast compelling surf competitions from remote corners of the world.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Be the voice of the customer. Collaborate with engineering to ensure we’re shipping quality experiences that represent the inspirational power of surfing.
- Lead by design. Define problems and goals, conduct user research, develop customer profiles, create user journeys, produce lo-hi fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Collaborate across teams. Consider the product needs of our content teams, event teams, marketing and the fan experience.
- Inspire the team. Influence the company culture to understand why design is important and why the details matter.
- Create compelling user experiences across mobile apps, tv apps and web.
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience
- Must be able to prioritize tasks effectively
- Detailed knowledge of workflow within a Product department
- Expert organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, monitor, and manage workload
- Proven experience shipping products or features where you’ve managed the design process, defined tasks and ensured design requirements are achieved.
- Excellent communication skills, as you’ll be expected to plan and lead discussions with product managers, engineers and other teams within the World Surf League.
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools like Sketch, InVision, Framer, etc.
- Cross-platform design experience (native, web & connected tv’s).
- An understanding of technical constraints across platforms.
- A passion for designing and using digital products. Got a favorite app? We want to hear about it.
- Conducted research, synthesized findings and executed on the feedback.
- An understanding that tone and voice is important, experience working on product copy is a plus.
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- Passionate about content
- Self-motivated with an exceptional work ethic
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- Incredibly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/VPosted 8 days ago Apply Now