Freelance Production Designer
Do you love great design, and also great dessert?
Milk Bar is looking for a design savvy, detail oriented Freelance Production Designer to join our growing Creative team for an ongoing part-time engagement. The Production Designer will support our in-house team in producing print and digital assets for a variety of projects including packaging, retail signage, marketing collateral, and digital campaigns. Our ideal candidate is a skilled designer, proficient in both print and digital production techniques and best practices.
ABOUT MILK BAR:
Milk Bar has been shaking up the dessert scene since 2008. Founded by James Beard award-winning chef Christina Tosi, Milk Bar is known for inventing: the Compost Cookie®, layer cakes with unfrosted sides, Cereal Milk™ Soft Serve, Milk Bar Pie, the first flip phone and shoulder pads (Ok, technically the last two weren’t us). We believe in the transformative power of a really freakin’ good cookie or an outstanding piece of cake. We pull inspiration from simple ingredients, like the grocery store staples we grew up with. And we consider NO occasion at all, to be a perfectly valid occasion to celebrate yourself or someone else.
Milk Bar operates retail stores across the US and Canada and an eCommerce site that ships delicious care packages and gifts overnight nationwide. We’re on a rocketship of growth and have a highly entrepreneurial culture. Must love cookies, the hustle, and making great work with a killer team.
- Work with full Creative team to drive brand forward via thoughtful and creative communications pieces that maintain Milk Bar’s visual identity system and drive brand equity
- Work with a Lead Designer to turn rough comps into final files
- Produce print ready assets from pre-existing templates
- Update existing design files from our Lead Designer, including copy and image edits
- Execute, prep and build files for release. Attention to detail is a must.
- Coordinate with external vendors on final production of deliverables
- Work across teams to ensure successful delivery of the final product
- Maintain Milk Bar’s design guidelines across all projects
- Project manage all deliverables in adherence with creative approvals process and production deadlines
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has an ownership mindset and is highly accountable for best-in-class work, on brand and on time
- Has a strong visual and typographic sensibility
- Has strong project management skills, and is exceptionally detail oriented - nothing slips through the cracks or sneaks by your design eye!
- Is deadline-driven with strong organizational and communication skills
- Is collaborative, likes working with a team and is fun to be around
- Familiarity with and love for the Milk Bar brand is a plus!
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- BFA or BA in a Design Discipline.
- 3+ years professional design and production experience
- High level of proficiency in Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong Typographic Skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
Posted 5 days ago