About the Product Designer Role:
We're looking for an experienced product designer to lead our design system efforts at KickUp. As a product designer, you'll bring experience in building design systems and processes to help establish a consistent design practice that supports our engineering team in building a product distinguished for its ease of use. This role will primarily focus on working on and with our design system as well as designing larger UI units and screens with the primary goal of creating an excellent user experience for our clients and their users. As our first design hire, you will have a sizable impact on our product’s direction and growing company.
- Solve usability problems through creating new design elements for our product design system and/or updating existing elements within application as needed
- Take ownership of our design system, working on both larger units such as full screens or new atomic elements for new or revised features
- Work with product manager to advise on and review implementation of design system within the product
- Present design decisions to product and engineering teams
Skills & Experience:
We're looking for someone who demonstrates (1) a knack for design thinking, (2) strong user empathy in a product development context, and (3) an ability to think collaboratively while executing independently. Your experience should include:
- 4+ years professional experience in web design, including 2+ years experience in product design at a high-tech/product-driven company
- Experience in building and communicating design systems
- Experience with leading design-driven product development cycles
- Understanding of web-based implementation technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience and demonstrable skill in UI design tools (Sketch, Figma, Framer)
- UX and Research experience or interest
- Education-related experience
This position is a full time position located at our offices in Old City, Philadelphia. We are happy to discuss relocation options with you, if you're not currently in Philadelphia but are looking for a chance to move to the city of Brotherly Love!
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $100,000, with growth potential.
Bring Your Whole Self:
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that improves the way all teachers and all students are supported, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the users we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
Why you should join KickUp:
Our mission is to meaningfully engage educators in professional growth. Education is in our team’s DNA, and study after study demonstrates that educators have the single greatest impact on student learning. KickUp exists to help districts grow their teachers through high-quality professional learning and well-coordinated improvement efforts, and your work at KickUp will lead to system-level change in education.
Our team is humble and sharp, with a unique blend of both mission driven and business smart qualities. Because we offer our clients both software and services, we’re able to build deep relationships and garner deep insight into the needs of our users in order to be a highly user-focused team. We work closely together to share learnings, solve cross-team problems, and maintain a cohesive, small-team feel and community spirit as we grow our organization.
Our product is a dynamic platform that helps school districts design, coordinate and assess their professional learning activities, giving educational leaders a coherent and actionable picture of their program's effectiveness. Working at KickUp will give you the chance to design new experiences on top of a modern web app using frameworks like React as well as Rebass, Storybook, and design tokens for managing the design system.
- At KickUp, one of our core values is Balanced Hustle. We believe in flexibility and the importance of recharging—and as a result, offer an unlimited PTO policy. Most of our employees average between 15-18 PTO days per year in addition to 10 paid company holidays.
- We offer flexibility to accommodate daily work preferences by providing options for remote work or varied work hours.
- We offer competitive salaries, stock options in our growing company, and a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance options.
- We provide opportunities for professional growth and offer individual stipends for professional learning opportunities
- Our offices are conveniently located in Old City, Philadelphia with easy accessibility to public transportation, restaurants, and green space.
Posted 5 days ago Apply Now