Senior Product Designer
Brilliant helps people around the world master concepts in math, science, and engineering by solving fun, challenging problems. Over 7.5 million members have learned from our community wiki and subscription courses. To understand more about what we're building, read our principles for learning and testimonials from our users.
What's our vision and mission?
Our mission is to inspire and develop people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
Our vision is to create the premier STEM learning experience at massive scale, while conducting business with integrity as we grow.
What's it like to work here?
We’re proud of our mission and the business we’ve built around it. We work really hard, and most days we love our jobs. Every person has a huge impact on Brilliant and its direction. We care deeply about our impact on end humans, and the change we’re bringing about in the world.
We're seeking a driven Product Designer to help refine and grow the experience of learning something on Brilliant. You'll be working directly with close-knit team across engineering, data, art, curriculum design, and marketing to identify and solve our most pressing problems.
A few things about someone who would enjoy this job: you derive joy from the hard work of designing concise user experiences and interfaces. You are passionate, compassionate, and articulate when communicating to others about how to solve the problem at hand. And finally, you are excited about the progress and potential of the product, content, and vision at Brilliant.
- Craft design systems that are coherent and work in the real world
- Help develop and hone the brand design language
- Bring order to hierarchies across desktop, mobile, and marketing contexts
- Work closely with people teams to elevate ideas into workable designs
- Help build and evangelize the design culture on a small team working in an underdeveloped space
This is you
Some critical details about your skills and past:
- 4+ years experience on digital product teams (we can be flexible for people with strong portfolios)
- Recent, hands on experience developing wireframes and prototypes
- An excellent communicator across disciplines and an amiable teammate
- A strong facility with information architecture and interaction design principles
Desired, but not required:
- Experience designing consumer (vs. business) facing products
- A portfolio of interface design work that we can see
- Experience with growing and extending a design culture across teams
If you are referred to this position, please include your referral's first and last name in your cover letter.
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We're a company that's helping to bring thinkers from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
- Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
- Free lunch
- Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
- Weekly happy hour
- Flexible vacation time
- A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Posted 6 days ago Apply Now