Senior UI/UX Designer
Netdata is looking for an experienced and creative Senior UI/UX Designer to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
We are building a modern microservices-based platform to complement our open-source project. As a Senior UI/UX Designer you will be responsible to deliver the best online user experience by creating both functional and appealing features. You will need to be familiar with the best UI/UX design practices, wireframe tools, design tools and design of monitoring systems.
Your role will be extremely important for our success and ensuring our community satisfaction and loyalty.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the product manager and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- At least 5 years of proven experience as a UI/UX designer of online software products, for web and mobile solutions.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch, Figma etc.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Detail oriented and critical thinker
- Good time-management skills