Design is a team sport, and we’re committed to building a strong team. We have a desire to produce excellence and a patient tenacity to continually improve.
To learn more about who you'd be working with, get acquainted with the team!
Who Are We Looking For?
A communication designer to work with our EU Marketing and Regional Marketing teams in our wonderful office in Madrid, Spain. You will do things like:
- Contribute to building, improving and furthering Liferay's brand locally and globally
- Be a Whole Designer™️
What will your first year look like?
Four Words: Integrated Lead-Generation Campaigns
- Contribute to the creative and brainstorming process of campaign development
- Develop concepts and mock-ups for integrated marketing campaigns, landing pages, websites, conference booths and printed collateral
- Bonus points if you have experience working on an 'Integrated Lead-Generation Campaign'
Important bullet points we’re looking for:
- Must speak English fluently
- College degree in Graphic Design and 2 years of professional experience, preferred
- Experience in taking a project from concept phase to production
- Experience in working with printers/vendors
- Professional knowledge of the Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Adobe AfterEffects, Premiere, a plus
- Experience with motion graphics/video editing, a plus
- Photography skills, a plus
Are We A Good Fit?
- Are you a highly effective person?
- Can you design sans ego?
- In case we forgot anything, Seth Godin’s list should cover it :)
How Do Liferay’s Core Values Look in the Design Team?
- Produce excellence — we strive to become masters in our craft, doing the right thing even if no one notices.
- Lead by serving — we’re all willing to do the unglamorous work and always looking for opportunities to help others.
- Value people — we listen first and believe that everyone can contribute because there is strength in diversity.
- Grow and get better — we’re always learning; when we find ways to improve our designs, we take them; when we make mistakes, we admit, apologize, and move forward. We will fail, but we aren’t failures because we learn and improve.
- Stay nerdy — we live and breath design, but we also have passions outside of work — rock climbing, coffee, photography, writing — and pursue them to the nth degree.
What Can We Offer You?
A place to make a lasting impact — we strongly believe in using business as a tool for restoration. Think Patagonia’s commitment to the environment, just extended to the whole world. Some initiatives that we’ve recently worked in are fighting human trafficking, helping foster youth, and serving refugees.
- One day home-office per week
- Salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Room to assume responsibility and grow professionally.
- Be part of a great team and work with designers around the world.
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design.
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development opportunities
What is Liferay?
Liferay is an award-winning open source Digital Experience Platform company and recognized leader by analyst firm Gartner. The company is growing at a fast pace to keep up with strong market demand for innovative solutions for digital transformation, customer experience, personal and social web experiences and enterprise applications.
Liferay offers many opportunities for individuals looking for a dynamic environment and accelerated career growth. Talented individuals will find it possible to increase their responsibilities and gain valuable business experience in a short amount of time with the company. With over 850 employees in offices across Europe, the Americas, and Asia Pacific, Liferay offers a chance to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds.
Liferay believes in making a bigger impact in the world through business and we dedicate part of our time and profits toward non-profit organizations and social initiatives.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now