Senior Product Designer
A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. And, as more and more of our lives are spent online, this time offline is truly rare. So, at Social Tables, now a Cvent company, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate to help move the industry forward with easy-to-use tools and amazing product design that makes excited fans out of event professionals. And that's where you come in!
We’re hiring mid-level (2-5 years experience) and senior (5+ years) product designers.
At Social Tables, product designers lead the way in designing cutting-edge, intuitive tools that are innovating the events industry. They will understand common UI patterns, and use them in creative ways to simplify complex workflows, working collaboratively with product managers and engineers.
Our designers are embedded in multi-functional sprint teams and focus on a problem area rather than a specialized discipline, so we are looking for generalists who can execute all phases of a user-centered design process, from research to UX writing to visual design and everything in between. (Front-end development skills don’t hurt but are not required- we have top-tier engineers at Social Tables that are excellent collaborators with the design team)
Here's how you will spend your days
- Work with the Design Lead to grow as a design professional as you produce holistic solutions that anticipate the needs of users at a rapid pace
- Communicate your recommended solutions and work to balance constraints in the short-term to reach your vision for the user in the long-term
- Participate in the product discovery process with product management, business, and engineering teams.
- Facilitate multiple types of research, identify customer pain points, and ensure usability of new designs
- Use data to drive your design decisions. You should be just as comfortable extracting answers from our analytics as you are conducting a usability study of a new feature.
- Collaborate with fellow designers to ensure consistency across products, embrace our UX standards, best practices, styles, patterns, and guidelines as well as contribute to our design system
- Work with your team of engineers to ensure technical feasibility of your ideas and accurate implementation of your designs
- Mentor and guide associate designers and their work
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage our team members to be their authentic selves at work.
What you will need in this position
- BBA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.5+ years or equivalent experience designing and shipping software products.
- Experience designing and shipping software products – SaaS products a plus, complex tools a major plus
- Ability to identify the most appropriate research methodology to validate and discover ideas, and effectively facilitate that research
- Ability to create and execute designs both from a blank slate and within existing work
- Ability and enthusiasm to communicate design decisions across the team and organization
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be very comfortable having frequent discussions with users, engineers, and executives, as well as writing clear and concise product copy using our UX writing guidelines.
- Eagerness to spend much of your day working collaboratively
Submissions without a portfolio that clearly demonstrate UI/UX design principles will not be considered.
Our benefits set you up to do your best work, how you like to do it. We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, annual bonuses, 401K Match, in office gym, and other great perks! And, we're committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Social Tables and Cvent maintain a drug-free workplace