(Senior) Product Designer
A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. And, as more and more of our lives are spent online, this time offline is truly rare. So, at Social Tables, now a Cvent company, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate to help move the industry forward with easy-to-use tools and amazing product design that makes excited fans out of event professionals. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Social Tables may be the place for you!
At Social Tables, the Senior Product Designer will lead the way in designing easy-to-use solutions that address pain points in the event planning process. They will understand common UI patterns, and use them in creative ways to simplify complex workflows, working collaboratively with product managers and engineers.
Here's how you will spend your days
- Work with the Senior Design Manager to grow as a design professional as you produce holistic solutions that anticipate the needs of users at a rapid pace
- Communicate your recommended solutions and work to balance constraints in the short-term to reach your vision for the user in the long-term
- Work with Product Managers to discover a user’s problem space and define a solution that provides the user maximum value
- Facilitate multiple types of research, identify customer pain points, and ensure usability of new designs
- Collaborate with fellow designers to ensure consistency across products, embrace our UX standards, best practices, styles, patterns, and guidelines as well as contribute to our design system
- Mentor and guide associate designers and their work
What you will need in this position
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.5+ years or equivalent experience designing and shipping software products.
- Strong design background – ability to simplify complex problems that require the least amount of UI possible. Visual design skills (Sketch + Adobe Suite) are required.
- Insatiable curiosity for understanding users' problems.
- Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of users and translate them into value additive flows that connect throughout a product; no feature factories here.
- Ability to take user research and generate multiple solutions for a compelling user experience.
- Experience developing a product from concept to launch (examples of existing products = huge plus!).Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Ability to deliver testable prototypes through prototyping tools such as Invision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate proposed solution with all facets of the business.
- Must be open to learning and evolving as a designer, both in and out of work.
- Resume plus URL for online portfolio that describes your thought process for all projects and any UI components you designed. Submissions without a portfolio that clearly demonstrate UI/UX design principles will not be considered.
Our benefits set you up to do your best work, how you like to do it. We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, annual bonuses, 401K Match, in office gym, and other great perks! And, we're committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Social Tables and Cvent maintain a drug-free workplacePosted about 1 month ago Apply Now