Stem enables independent artists to turn their passion into a business. We're reimagining complex financial and operational workflows in order to bring clarity and ease to the creative class. Product Designers at Stem are artist advocates who ensures artists and their teams find clarity and usability in our product. They are empowered to solve interesting and complex problems with the right balance of autonomy and support. They are encouraged to move quickly, design delightfully, and contribute impactfully - their designs will become the backbone of Stem and help artists around the world directly monetize their labor and, thus, make a living from their craft.
This role is full-time and based in Los Angeles, CA at our West Hollywood office.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the design and evolution of our product and its features from concept to implementation.
- Champion an artist-centric design philosophy, thinking through the unique needs of artists and their teams and translating them into creative design solutions.
- Define and design user experiences on our client-facing and internal products.
- Collaborate with our product managers to decide what to build and why.
- Collect feedback from users utilizing data to understand our users’ needs and behavior.
- Advocate for design internally and externally to help grow the design team.
- Be a leader across the org and evangelize authenticity, simplicity, and purpose across everything we do as a company.
- Work cross-functionally with product management and engineering to conceptualize and implement core product features.
- Scale design practices and patterns, including the development of component libraries.
- Drive the design and engineering teams closer together through executable prototypes and direct technical exchanges.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 3+ years experience as a designer (Visual, UI, UX, etc.)
- Stellar communication skills, can effectively articulate design motivation and decisions.
- User-first design bias. Functionality over flash, but a creative problem solver.
- Preferred direct experience with Invision.
- Familiarity with relevant industry tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Abstract, etc.)
- A portfolio or examples of prior work showcasing empathetic solutions to problems, with exemplary skills in divergent thinking and visual design.
- A range of excellent skills from UX work and wireframing to fine-grained visual design.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- A design process that includes user testing and other qualitative research methods.
- A creative, results-driven, human-centric design aesthetic and approach.
- A precise attention to detail.
- A high level of empathy.
- An instinct to encourage collaboration and team-building.
Don’t match all of the skills listed here but think you’re a good fit anyway? Let us know!Posted 15 days ago Apply Now