We are Grafana Labs; the company behind the Grafana project. Our proven team is building a SaaS observability platform: Grafana Cloud, and an Enterprise offering: Grafana Enterprise, while cementing Grafana as the leading open source software for time series analytics.
Grafana Labs started out in 2015 and has grown rapidly with 60 international employees and offices in New York, USA and Stockholm, Sweden. We are believers in the power of global, distributed teams - talent is not limited by borders and great workplaces are made up of exceptional colleagues. We have aggressive growth plans and are an ambitious, hardworking and friendly team.
Make a difference.
Grafana Labs is looking for a Graphic designer to work with a small team on the creation and production of a large range of creative projects.
You will help inform how we communicate the Grafana brand to the world, evolving as we go. You will be adept at translating complex ideas into elegant and intuitive designs. You will think big and understand how to work towards your vision. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality on-brand scalable design solutions quickly and efficiently. You will be able to work independently to see projects through to completion. As part of our team you will enjoy the hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative fun and highly motivated people.
Seriously, this is an extremely cool opportunity to put your mark on a popular and growing brand in the tech space, with plenty of autonomy, support and excitement from the leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- You will work with the leadership and product teams to execute a visual concept through final production.
- You will present work to those respective teams, bringing a strong design point of view.
- Create design extensions for creative campaigns, including digital and print executions.
- Would love you to have advanced typography and illustration skills, creating assets rather than just combine existing ones.
- Help design and execute the identity of our annual conference, GrafanaCon.
- You’ll own a wide variety of small and large scale projects independently
- You will produce a wide variety of designs that promote our company brand. These may include print and digital ads, presentation graphics, signage, event displays and branded materials
- You’ll develop and design collateral, templates, SWAG, merchandising, business presentations etc
- Work closely with our globally distributed development teams to ensure technical feasibility of design.
- Be open to visit our offices in NYC, Sweden and other exotic destinations.
What is required:
- Your portfolio, showcasing innovative digital concepts and creative design solutions. Don’t apply without one :)
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Product Design or related design field (or applicable experience)
- You have participated in the full design cycle to deliver world class, pixel perfect designs
- Strong fundamental design skills including knowledge of typography, composition and colour.
- Ideally, you appreciate and understand good UX and good UI and what that means and love to create successful designs (that delight customers)
- You will be able to take a project from brainstorming and strategic planning to design treatments that engage key demographics across multiple channels
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, sketch, InDesign and other graphic design software would be an advantage
- Ideally you will have experience of working remotely and be a strong collaborator and communicator
- You will need to be self motivated with the drive to create design concepts with minimal oversight and confidently evolve them over the course of the project
Posted 12 days ago