Graphic Designer, Fashion Events
IMG Fashion is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team who works on New York Fashion Week and Global Fashion Events. This is a role for a person who is passionate about high-end aesthetics and excited by the constantly evolving opportunities of visual expression, but can also manage production of real-world products, as well.
What a day in the life will look like:
You will be responsible for the development and execution of creative concepts for a wide variety of local and global events. You will work closely with Design, Sales and Marketing teams to create visual direction for our brands and partners based on target objectives.
- Design all aspects of presale and activation process, including but not limited to: internal presentations, pitch decks for partners, design schematics, invites/evites, printed collateral, event builds
- Participate in project brainstorms and generate creative concepts and event ideas
- Visualize a range of concepts that are relevant in the fashion industry
- Incorporate feedback from internal stakeholders and partners
- Generate consumer guest experience, mood boards, visually arresting representations of concepts to sell the idea using 2D comps
- Source and manage relationships with vendors and fabricators
- Own budget expectations and event timeline keeping vendors accountable the highest quality available
- Source décor elements and ensure that activation meets safety standards, can be produced efficiently, and can be installed and de-installed safely and on time.
- Generate all final files for production
- Oversee the installation and deinstallation for on-site events. Anticipate challenges and come up with creative solutions that meet project and budget goals during installs
What you need to succeed:
- 3 to 8 years of experience working in experiential event design
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Powerpoint, potential use of Sketch-Up or other 3D program
- Strong graphic and typography design skills with layout experience
- Highly organized and deadline oriented
- Adept at working independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluent in communicating and exchanging ideas with outer departments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
- Comfortable working in fluid environment