Head of User Experience
The Head of User Experience inspires, leads and manages a team of talented product designers. Influences design-led thinking across the business. Establishes creative strategies, innovative designs, and delightful user experiences for our product portfolio. Develops exploratory, effective, reproducible, and lean design processes.
- Inspires, leads and manages a team of talented product designers.
- Mentors and coaches talent inside and outside the product design team.
- Champions a strong, consistent customer experience while also leading product discovery efforts for new initiatives.
- Establishes the right design processes that allow for innovation, testing, and collaboration while also meeting product delivery expectations.
- Challenges our product and product design teams to make our experiences easier and more effective.
- Operates strategically with Director of Product Design and other executives.
- Collaborates effectively with key partners, including product, Engineering, Marketing, Editorial, and key leadership teams.
- Drives measurable improvements.
- Determines accurate scoping and quoting of work.
- Delivers key design deliverables at each stage of the design process.
- Develops research processes and uses derived insights to drive both practice and innovative UI/UX.
- Uses data and analytics effective to drive better customer and business outcomes.
- Works closely with Brand and Marketing teams to ensure consistency among brand channels and products.
- Partners closely with the Director of Product on overall product strategy and direction.
- Recommends, approves, and implements policies, procedures and schedules, and ensure policies, procedures, and schedules are followed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a strong team leader for the company at large.
- Ability to develop talent at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the balance between product discovery and product execution.
- Use data and analytics effective to drive better customer and business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to provides strong and effective communication at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related science or equivalent experience in customer-centered, user interaction design for enterprise web products.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in UI/UX design.
- Proven track record of mentoring high performing user experience design teams.
- Proven conceptual skills, a critical eye for detail, and the ability to translate complex concepts into clear UI/UX deliverables.
- Experience operating with product teams who practice Lean / Agile development
- An extensive portfolio required.
Bloomberg BNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg BNA has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.
Posted 16 days ago