Senior Product Designer
OakNorth is a profitable business that has supported the growth of thousands of SMEs through business lending and connected savvy savers with the tech and tools to fast-track their future.
As a product-led company, design and user experience are at the forefront of every decision we make. We are looking for talented and ambitious people to join our product design team to build on this success as we grow together to play an important role in redefining the future of business banking.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer who is passionate about creating big ideas, applying them to customer problems, and implementing the right solutions. You are focused on the details but weave simplicity into everything you do. You’re a restless optimist who can critique work while being supportive and constructive to others.
As an integral part of the product design team, we will empower you to take leadership initiative with hands-on work on user research, concept creation, wireframing and prototyping, testing, and high-fidelity designs. You will work closely with the Director of Product Design, other product designers, product managers, marketing, and engineering to start and evolve product design across several exciting new products we are developing.
We are looking for someone who wants to
● Collaborate with product leadership, product managers, and engineers while being hands-on with creating interactive, engaging, and usable visual designs.
● Own design problems end to end, starting with user interviews/testing and customer journey mapping to launching new products to customers.
● Develop a deep understanding of our customers with a relentless focus on customer-facing interactions to put yourself in the user's shoes.
● Be the voice of the customer with stakeholders and ensure we put the customer first.
● Iterate to greatness by launching live tests for new designs and user flows with customers and measuring the success of these. Then do it all over again.
● Set design standards, improve documentation, and processes alongside your team members to continue evolving the design team and our ways of working.
● Focus on outcomes over outputs so that a problem we are solving for customers translates into business results that you can be proud of.
● Continuously improve your skills with the help of your manager and through self-initiative by following design trends, the latest technologies, and approaches.
We would love you to
● Be entrepreneurial and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
● Enjoy working closely with product managers and engineers and leverage each other’s strengths to raise our bar and push innovation forward.
● Have a well-crafted product design portfolio showcasing how you’ve solved real customer problems through UX and UI.
● Possess strong visual design skills with experience in typography, desktop/mobile applications, colour schemes, and iconography.
● Embrace a start-up culture where people listen to and learn from others at all levels and where strong opinions are welcomed but held loosely.
● Understand that product development is a journey that starts with an idea and early prototypes but requires many iterations to achieve an outcome.
What makes working here better 😍
● Flexible, remote-first 🏠 - A flexible, UK remote-first team with a dedicated London office available 5 days a week to use as we want to.
● Work-life balance 🌴 - 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) each year, and enhanced family leave allowances.
● Competitive salary & equity 🏦 - We want people to have a serious stake in the business.
● Good kit 💻 - Your choice of the best laptop
● Team socials 🎉 - The opportunity to get to know each other outside of work.
● Company socials 🥡 - A chance to catch up and meet new colleagues weekly over informal office breakfasts and dinners on OakNorth - or at our free barista bar every day.
● Commuter support 🚲 - We offer the cycle to work scheme.