Sr. Experience Designer
Senior Experience Designer for Small Business
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes strategic, interaction, visual and motion designers, design program managers, content strategists, and design technologists who are constantly iterating, problem solving, and collaborating to create digital experiences that will help customers reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
As one of the leading commercial banks, Small Businesses are mission critical to our business. The charter of the Small Business design team is to investigate, create, and share experiences that flow out to product teams. It’s a think/make environment, driven to answer the why and how customers experience products or services. Working with business and technology partners, Small Business XD team will use design and prototyping to guide early product/service development, bring greater clarity to engineering goals, and develop a XD-grounded point of view.
As a Senior Experience Designer working in the Small Business you will
create compelling and delightful product and services for small businesses.
You’re a person who has (required skills)
- 5+ years of well-rounded design experience
- An outstanding portfolio that exemplifies excellence
- Collaborate with a team of designers in creating visions, concepts, and selling partners on the great work the UX organization does.
- Work on multiple designs/projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the overall experience.
- Create journey maps to show and tell the steps required to complete simple or complex tasks.
- Define information architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics.
- Wireframe screens and control-action-response of every interactive element that makes up the human-computer interaction.
- Define system states and error recovery protocols.
- Be a brand evangelist optimizing for digital interfaces.
- Respect standards but constantly push where new ideas will improve the design.
- Create look and feel of the interface through color, typeface, illustration, photography, and layout.
- Work with the team leadership and the tech team to ensure timely delivery and alignment with product strategy.
- Generate graphic design specifications for fonts, color, and layout and deliver graphical assets required to build interfaces across multiple digital platforms.
- Implement the mechanical aspects of a conceptual design for development, testing, and deployment.
And you are a person who:
- Thinks beyond today and has a strong sense and rigor to create possibilities of the future
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results
- Collaborates and builds trust with design, product, and tech partners
- Proactively builds relationships across the organizations
- Actively participates in design meetings and critiques, ensuring adherence to standards while keeping an eye out for improvements or reasonable exceptions
- Embraces the opportunity to work in an office while collaborating with teammates and partners in other locations (not remote)
- Is available to travel occasionally
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related discipline
- Mastery of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Bank of America will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law applicable to Bank of America.Posted 14 days ago Apply Now