Innovation Department builds companies hands-on, from the ground up. Our team of brand strategists, marketers, operators and builders are obsessed with reducing the time to product-market fit and creating repeatable success for the launch of early-stage businesses.
In our SoHo studio, we ideate on product concepts, test and develop them according to our playbook, and leverage proprietary sources of audience to scale more quickly - and with less risk - than traditional ways of brand-building. This entrepreneurial and hands-on approach gives us an unparalleled understanding of how to launch and grow a brand in today’s competitive landscape.
The Innovation Department family of brands includes DojoMojo, WellPath, Wine Awesomeness, reBloom and Sole Serum. We’ve also invested in exceptional companies including Pinterest, Dropbox, Lyft, ClassPass, Daily Harvest, Databricks and DigitalOcean.
We’re seeking a Senior Designer to lead the design process on a variety of our in-house portfolio brands. Not only will you create designs for our existing brands but you’ll also get the opportunity to help launch new brands from concept to production. You’ll work with our Founders and the Operations and Engineering teams to build e-commerce sites, work on branding, product packaging and digital campaigns. This is an extremely fast-paced and exciting role where you’ll coalesce different brand aesthetics, user journeys, and business strategies. You must have experience working in small teams bringing CPG brands to life and skillfully managing multiple projects at the same time.
Requirement: To be considered for this role you must submit a portfolio that demonstrates your design process and contribution to past projects.
- Lead the design efforts and maintain brand standards for all of our in-house CPG portfolio brands
- Create and own design projects from conception to completion including branding, physical packaging, marketing collateral, emails, digital ads and social assets
- Translate conceptual web ideas into wireframes, user flows, and designs ready to hand-off to our Engineering team to create seamless digital experiences for our e-commerce sites
- Work low-fi to hi-fi to validate designs and communicate your design decisions to a variety of stakeholders
- Produce user interface specifications, final graphics, pixel-perfect designs and assets, as well as mockups and prototypes
- Collaborate with our Operations and Engineering teams to develop design strategy and implement designs
- Advocate for scalable design system while creating process and documentation
- Manage your own timelines and priorities as part of a cross-functional team and collaboratively meet tight deadlines in an extremely fast-paced and agile environment
- 4+ years of experience as a graphic designer, visual designer or brand designer
- Ideally 3+ years of experience as a product designer, interaction designer or digital designer
- Excellent eye for modern visual design including color, layout and typography
- Experience creating beautiful designs for consumer packaged goods
- Ability to design intuitive web-based visual design systems and user interactions from scratch with a refined UI aesthetic that considers usability, simplicity, and consistency
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Ability to successfully prioritize projects and focus on the things that matter most
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment with tight deadline
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Zeplin and Envision a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Photography skills preferred but not a requirement
- BFA or BA in Graphic Design, Visual Design or Marketing Communications
Submit a portfolio that demonstrates sophisticated and unique designs for packaged goods as well as cutting-edge digital work which demonstrates a deep understanding of user needs and unique approaches to problem-solving.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done, and having fun. Not many jobs offer such a wide range of exposure to different businesses and business functions. We look at a huge range of businesses and work closely with a select group to help them grow. As a result, we provide an outstanding training ground for both aspiring investors and entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year.
- Plan for the future. Take advantage of our 401k program.
- Competitive Parental Leave benefits.
- Commuter and FSA pre-tax benefits.
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Soho, which we share with some of our exciting companies. We co-work with our portfolio companies
- A vibrant and active culture including weekly catered lunches and breakfasts, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a book club.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Posted 14 days ago