Lavu is a restaurant management and point of sale software company. Our mission is to provide solutions for restaurant owners and employees that allows them to focus on why they started a restaurant in the first place. Our solutions create an efficient environment where customer orders are accurately processed, management functions are transparent and accounted for, and insights are available at your fingertips. Founded in 2010, with an office in Miami and HQ in Albuquerque New Mexico, Lavu has been an innovator in the POS space, offering one of the first cloud-based POS systems on the market. Today, our native apps work on iOS devices (our point of sale, kitchen display and self-ordering kiosk). In addition, we also have a suite of web products that include our control panel, inventory management, workforce management, reporting and analytics, and online ordering. Our team in Miami consists primarily of Product, Design, and Engineering.
What's the opportunity?
Our continued growth is creating new opportunities. We are expanding our Product Design Team in our Miami office. User experience is one of Lavu's most important areas of focus. Our designers work closely with product managers, engineers, internal stakeholders, as well as collaborating with customers and partners to ensure our products are beautiful, functional and efficient.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and iterating through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features.
- Crafting workflows & detailed interactions.
- Wireframe and prototype ideas quickly to assess viability.
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team.
- Help expand, refine and document the use of our design language.
- Collaborate closely with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers as they build and ship ideas.
What skills do you need?
- Experience designing digital products & systems in a product-centric organization.
- Experience designing UX for web, desktop, tablet, phone, TV.
- Knowledge of the entire design process, from problem-solving through to detailed UI and visual design.
- Ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups and prototypes of your designs using Sketch.
- Excellent communicator of your ideas, designs and thinking.
- A self-starter who can collaborate effectively with product managers and engineers.
- Restaurant/service industry experience is a plus.
What's in it for you?
- Great opportunity for growth in a future-looking organization
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing company
- Health / dental / vision insurance
- Monthly Zestful allowance
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Ability to work on-site in Miami
- Full-time availability
- Consent to a background check
- Communication — Slack, Gmail, Zoom
- Product Management — Jira, Google Suite
- Design — Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, Principle
- Tech Stack — NODE.js, MongoDB, React, HTML, CSS