Senior UX Designer, Mobile
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Why We Need You
At PagerDuty, we are building a digital operations management system to help IT operations groups as well as the entire Enterprise respond to issues quickly and provide data visualizations to help reduce issues and improve overall quality. A seamless, simple web & mobile experience is crucial to our continued growth. We are looking for a seasoned mobile user experience designer who will have a considerable impact in making our user experience among the best in any category. You love designing intuitive mobile experiences that delight your users and make them successful. You are creative and thoughtful, but you also care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback. You have a healthy interest in product development and collaborating with a team to turn your designs into beautiful reality. If we’ve just described you, then let’s talk about a role on our growing UX team working closely on our Mobile projects.
How You Will Contribute to Our Vision
- Design PagerDuty’s mobile products within an Agile development environment
- Develop high-level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Ensure proper usage of the PagerDuty design system; contribute mobile-speciﬁc style guide content
- Gauge the usability of new and existing product features, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of mobile products and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior through activities such as lab studies, ﬁeld visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, and A/B testing
- A background in Human–Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Visual Design or a related ﬁeld
- Enthusiastic about designing an intuitive experience and solving real problems for some of the most interesting and forward-thinking customers in the world
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your involvement in the start-to-ﬁnish of several mobile UX projects, preferably including consumer-grade projects
- 4+ years of UX design experience including designing outstanding mobile products
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Experience designing mobile experiences from concept through post-release updates
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CC, Sketch, and Invision
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practice
- The ability to conjure up working prototypes using your tools of choice
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Love of mobile apps or development environments
- Systems thinker: good at learning new complex systems such as business applications—knowing that design is in the details, you embrace complexity
- Collaborative problem solver: work towards solutions by taking input from many sources––the user needs of developers, the goals of the business, the standards of our design system, and technical constraints
- Experience with motion design preferred
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now