Brllnt is a marketing and design studio based in Navy Yard, Washington, DC. We believe in the power of storytelling and aid each of our clients in the development of their brilliance through strategic marketing and impactful design.
We believe that true creativity is an outpouring of the soul, making it essential for each member of the Brllnt team to bring their whole self to work each day. The Brllnt culture challenges, encourages, and equips our team members to have the balance they need to create truly brilliant work.
- Salary, determined by experience and fit
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance covered up to 80%
- Unlimited PTO
As an essential member of the Brllnt design team, you will be responsible for designing innovative, purposeful creative work that aligns with client goals and is visually engaging. You are able to interact with clients, gather and interpret feedback, and effectively communicate next steps to your manager. Brllnt Mid-Level Designers are expected to effectively manage their own tasks and time, as well as communicate early and clearly if adjustments need to be made.
You are a team player that has the skills to collaborate with the team, to coordinate projects internally, to assist in the execution of strategic marketing initiatives, and to support the overall mission and goals of Brllnt and its clients. You are an avid learner - continuously seeking inspiration and building your knowledge of the industry, including design trends, processes, techniques, and tools.
Day-to-day tasks include designing and delivering materials on time and brainstorming creative concepts. You are responsible for ensuring that management receives your designs in a timely manner that affords them ample time for feedback, keeping an on-time delivery to the client. As the opportunity arises, you will work with interns and junior designers, offering feedback and helping them execute tasks.
- At least 5 years of experience in an agency
- Proficient knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite
- Wide skill set and ability to move from print to digital
Collaborate with other creative team members
- Work with design and marketing teams on creative concepts
- Participate in creation of campaign and marketing strategies
Design & Content Development
- In support of the Design Director and Senior Designer, you will help execute marketing deliverables in support of their strategies
- Select imagery and design graphics for: blogs, social, and marketing content as needed for each project and task.
- When needed, write headline and other copy used within design deliverables
Creative Strategy and Industry Knowledge
- Audience research - know who we’re designing for
- Brand and competitor research - identify opportunities to out perform & outshine the crowd
- Channels - know or discover formats / specs for standard social platforms
- Attend design events and be active in the community to challenge and improve your creative skills
Tools and training
- Familiar with standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Knowledge of or learning Sketch for UI/UX design
- Actively seeking tips, tricks, and plugins for making work more efficient
- Understanding prototyping software: Invision
- Basic understanding of technical constraints for:
- Print mediums
- Web mediums
- Mobile web & devices
- Attend webinars, trainings, conferences, watch Youtube etc. regularly to hone your knowledge of current and new tools
- As a member of the creative team, we expect brilliance. This means:
- Unsatisfied with trends / what others are doing
- Challenging standards / status quo
- Having a reason for everything
- Form and function must live in harmony
- Supporting and growing the creative team:
- Support teammates and coordinate schedules / workload
- Share resources and inspiration regularly
- Spend time getting to know the team: we’re a family
- Graciously give and receive feedback
- Help recruit and train new members