Senior Product Designer
Invoice Simple's mission is to build the world's simplest way for freelancers and contractors to run and grow their businesses. We've grown rapidly in the last few years, and today we help over 100,000 paying customers run their businesses simply — with your help we'll help a million+ small businesses succeed and grow!
Invoice Simple is seeking its first product designer. You’ll own UX and UI across all of our products, including web and mobile, invoicing, payments and more, building incredible experiences for our customers, and for their customers too.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our products enable our customers to save time, stay organized, and look professional, by delivering impactful UX and UI. You’ll expand the capabilities of what our product does, solving key problems in our customers daily lives. Fundamentally, you’ll strive to help freelancers and contractors succeed in their businesses, saving them time, reducing their stress, and making them more productive.
Product design is core to what we do at Invoice Simple. For our customers its vital that our products are simple and incredibly intuitive, because unlike bigger businesses, our customers don’t have a bookkeeper to rely on, and tech and finance are foreign to them. We’re a believer in product lead growth, our customers are both the buyer and the user, which means that by driving product engagement we drive revenue.
What you will be doing
You’ll be a champion for the customer experience informed by research, experimentation and the customer support team. You will be responsible for driving significant improvements in key metrics through UX. You’ll identify the highest impact work, prioritize that work, and deliver improved customer outcomes in a reliable way.
You’ll own the design and UX process end-to-end, working alongside product management and engineering. You’ll be actively involved in defining the strategy for your work, thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens.
- Develop and run a practice of experimentation and research, including AB testing, usability tests, and analytics
- Develop and refine key design principles based on empirical evidence
- Develop and grow design and UX languages and assets to enable rapid and iterative development of great user experiences
- Work with development team and product management to ideate and build the right solutions for our customers
- Deliver growth by meaningfully impacting our customers’ businesses through UX
- A track record of impacting user and business metrics through UX and design
- A deep understanding of product design, honed through experimentation
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android.
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process and ability to closely collaborate with product, engineering, and marketing teams during the product development process.
- Exceptional visual and interaction design taste and ability to set a high quality bar for your team.
- Excellent communicator