Senior Product Designer (UX/UI)
Who We Are
Dia&Co is the only retail service dedicated to meeting the plus size community’s full range of style needs. We’re applying the best of data and technology to serve women who have been ignored for far too long—from developing the shopping experiences she’s always wanted, to building community platforms that inspire her, to ensuring she sees herself represented in the world around her.
Design at Dia
Every Senior product designer at Dia is embedded within a product team with both engineers and a product manager. Each product team is responsible to come together to solve problems both big and small to create the best possible experience for our users. Our senior product designers have a high degree of both autonomy and responsibility for their design deliverables.
The design team at Dia is a tight-knit passionate group of designers that operates on the following principles:
- Design should always advocate for our users.
- Design is a true partner in strategic thinking and problem-solving.
- The design team shares work early and often with each other and are open and eager to get ideas and feedback from design peers.
What We're Looking For
We are seeking a talented senior product designer for our internal styling tool. Our styling tool is the engine that enables our stylists to pick personalized clothing for our customers and is critical for our business success. Candidates should have experience collaborating with designers and engineers on a shared design system and have a command of the processes involved to scale a system successfully. Dia is a growing startup, so your area of focus may change over time as our business grows.
- You will use data to make informed design decisions and to test /prove out your teams hypotheses
- You will lead small to large projects as a strategic partner to product managers from design to delivery
- Work with your engineering partners to negotiate on tradeoffs to implement your designs
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Be able to present your design work to director to C level executives with confidence and clarity
- Design user testing questions, write discussion guides, and lead user research and synthesis
- Collaborate and add to our evolving our style guides
- Have 5+ years design experience with both a UI and UX skill-set.
- Are deeply focused on creating meaningful, data-driven, user experiences based on in-depth research and testing. Methodologies you use may include: Test planning, usability tests, A/B testing, user-site surveys.
- Designs beautiful and deliberate human-centered UI and is mindful of the underlying design system governance.
- Understand the implicit connection between designing for consumer experiences that integrate with operational workflow tools.
- Are a concise and clear communicator and is recognized as a positive collaborator with peer and cross-functional teams.
- Must have working knowledge of responsive design and UI frameworks.
- Are an expert in sketch and are flexible and familiar with all standard design tools
- Portfolio MUST include examples of process work and iteration, as well as final execution.
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity as is common in any growing startup
- Strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to creating our own private label collections from the ground up
- Are a Sequoia Capital-backed, growth-stage startup co-founded by two women
- have styled countless amazing women across the country in the past three years—they are at the core of everything that we do
- Foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- Have an office that is buzzing with excitement—we are genuinely happy to be at work each day
- Celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
- Create good karma by aiming to surprise and delight at every touchpoint
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and top quality medical, dental, and vision plans
- A leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative
- Great snacks, Bagel Wednesdays, office happy hours and a fun office environment!
- Located in Hudson Square (the heart of Tribeca, SoHo and West Village)