Designsake Studio is an award-winning agency specializing in branding and packaging design, based in San Francisco. We launch brands and grow businesses through adaptive strategy, compelling design and side-by-side partnership.
We are seeking a talented Senior Designer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a collaborative approach to design, with experience in branding, typography, web, and packaging design. This is a hands-on role, where you will be expected to work closely with the client and internal team members to lead projects through conception to launch. We touch a wide range of industries, so the workflow is ever-changing, and the creativity is endless.
Skills & experience:
· 4+ years experience in a professional design studio. Agency experience preferred.
· A natural leader who is comfortable with a high degree of ownership and accountability.
· A critical thinker and creative problem solver who efficiently troubleshoots without compromising design standards.
· A portfolio that represents a diverse range of industry expertise: typography, layout, art direction, brand positioning, web.
· Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
· Deep knowledge of technical production processes, technologies and design.
· Strong presentation skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and conceptual problem solving a must.
· Ability to quickly digest and apply brand style and guidelines.
· Generate thoughtful design solutions that translate across mediums, including print, packaging, web, digital ads, and social.
· Work cross-functionally and collaborate with other disciplines to bring concepts to life (Lead Designer, Illustrator, Brand Strategist, Junior Designer, Copywriter, Web Developer, as needed).
· Develop presentations to sell your work to internal teams and external creative partners.
· Conduct client meetings with ability to communicate design thinking to a non-design audience.
· Work calmly and efficiently, balancing tight deadlines and frequently shifting priorities.
· Flexible, positive response to feedback (internal or external), with willingness offer creative solutions.
· Hands-on approach to "get the job done" (in a small but growing studio, no task is too small).
· Foster a respectful, open and inspiring work environment within the studio, including a genuine and positive attitude.
· Experience guiding a project through all phases of development: from conception, to production, to launch.
· Self-starter who is internally driven to make things better and to exceed expectations.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship.
If this sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please apply directly by emailing email@example.com with “Sr. Designer” in the subject line and the following:
· Cover letter
· Three references
· PortfolioPosted 21 days ago Apply Now