Senior Graphic Designer
You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash.
Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Senior Graphic Designer to join our newly-formed Creative Services team. This position requires an exceptionally creative, focused and collaborative individual who can work across the organization to fulfill a range of day-to-day graphic design needs. In this cross-functional role, you will interface with our Brand Marketing, Sales and Business Development teams among others, to deliver high-quality, compelling graphic design that is 100% “on-brand.”
- Concept and design a wide array of creative assets including sales brochures, print collateral like ads, white papers, landing pages, event signage, business development presentations, business reports and a broad range of other promotional and business collateral.
- Creative brief driven designer who understands how to deliver on brief and on brand.
- Collaborate with partners to develop concepts and strategic design ideas that can be effectively executed on time and on budget.
- Ensure a strong, recognizable and relevant visual look for the brand is communicated and executed across all assets and is consistent with the Unison brand identity.
- Take direction from Studio Creative Director and execute per that overall viewpoint, while also providing additional options that offer a unique point of view to deliver on creative brief.
- Work with Studio Creative Director and Traffic & Production Manager to ensure concepts are budget-doable and schedules/timelines are met.
- Adapt and version existing creative materials for production delivery.
- Attend and participate in creative meetings and status, capture your actions and complete follow-up tasks.
- Basic compositing and retouching.
- Maintain organized archive of art files.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent education within Design/Arts field and/or Project Management. Minimum 8+ years’ experience at an agency or in-house graphic design department. Agency experience preferred.
- Expertise with industry-standard graphic design and digital art production tools for print and web media is essential with strong skills required in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), as well as Acrobat.
- In-depth knowledge of production processes in both print and digital media required. Experience with various printed mediums and materials and large format printing.
- Proficient in building print-ready files with an acute attention to detail.
- A master at organizing your project workflow. Ability to maintain a strong passion for excellence in graphic design, typography and color.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing your own workload to meet defined deadlines and communicate out your capabilities when resetting of expectations is essential.
- Great communication skills, flexibility and a positive attitude are crucial, as well as the ability to interpret creative briefs, distill information and report up to Studio Art Director.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback.
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now