Senior Product Designer
You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash.
Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great.
You believe in an iterative approach to create elegant and compelling designs. Your portfolio has some premier work that solves real problems. You believe that the best product designers work end-to-end. We don’t separate UX and UI.
You’ve been through release cycles and know how to motivate engineers to get the right end result, and how to translate insights from user studies into meaningful actions. You have several examples of work you’ve shipped, and what you learned along the way.
Prototyping is a key part of your toolset.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Unison Digital Products team, you’ll take on tough interaction and conversion optimization challenges, and you’ll work on big new ideas that will transform home ownership. You’ll collaborate with design-oriented engineers, marketing, product managers and business teams. You’ll delight by crafting and shipping delicious experiences for people in various stages of home ownership.
We are looking for user-centric Product Designers to join our rapidly growing team! We’re looking for candidates with strong wire-framing, prototyping, and UXUI design skills, as well as business and strategic acumen. At Unison we put our customers first and want to continue building products that our users love and help enable the dream of home-ownership
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and interaction design
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your design based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Unison experience
- Interfacing with marketing brand, copywriters and art directors to create brand relevant creative work.
What you will bring to the team:
- 5+ years of experience – product designer
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them).
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.Posted 27 days ago Apply Now