Executive Creative Director
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
Learn more about us:
About the Role
We are seeking a visionary creative leader that brings design and copy expertise, inspiration and thought leadership to Kraken’s growing marketing team.
You should think strategically and conceptually about brand experience. You are responsible for overseeing the function of marketing creative development across online experiential, brand and digital marketing campaigns. Your reach will span across every touchpoint for our clients, investors, and developers including, but not limited to: our website, digital campaigns, videos, and social media presence.
You will provide a universal vision for Kraken’s branding, bringing a consistent look and feel across all platforms, with the creative ability to transform fresh ideas into actionable and modern concepts. You will work collaboratively across teams across a variety of media, while also building out and managing a creative design team. You are a seasoned Creative Director who works collaboratively, and thinks conceptually and strategically about campaigns, branding and design.
- Provide inspirational creative leadership to events, content, design and video
- Create an aesthetic that raises the quality bar while consistently delivering on brand strategy and message.
- Develop a brand style guide, then ensure that all creative executions adhere to the style guide and meet or exceed your quality bar.
- Build out & lead internal design team to develop high quality creatives for online/offline Kraken brand recognition & advertising.
- Identify design service gaps and find solutions to fill those gaps.
- Act as a recognized and active resource on design issues for the company by continually blazing a trail of creativity and innovation.
- Protect integrity of design and brand image through graphic design and strong collaboration with the Marketing team
- Promote a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation, rational risk-taking and tradeoffs.
- Resolve complex design issues with innovation and practical solutions.
- 10+ years of proven success as an art/creative director, with at least 2-3 years of agency experience.
- B.S. / B.A.
- Strong, proven leadership skills and highly developed interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team.
- Energetic and infectious leadership in a fast-paced environment. Interacts well with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for content creation specific for new media, video content, social content and paid advertising campaigns.
- Strong web design experience, marketing collateral, catalogue with proven conceptual and design abilities
- Experience conceptualizing and managing model and product photo shoots on tight deadlines.
- Web-design experience with an understanding of HTML/CSS/Flash, understanding of UX/UI.
- Engages in all content and is able to present design vision and philosophy.
- Fluency in and appreciation of the steps involved in content creation, including TV production, CG, video editing, web streaming, social media and digital advertising.
- Ability to think clearly and contribute to editorial discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion.
- Fluent working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Keynote
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines at once.
- On time and on budget delivery of all major design, marketing projects
- Must have experience in building an in-house creative team
- Working knowledge of crypto and financial basics. We don't expect you to be a fanatic, but you should understand the basics— and become an expert while at Kraken!
Posted 26 days ago