Astorian is a fast-growing marketplace backed by First Round Capital and Bessemer Venture Partners creating technology for property managers and contractors — an underserved market. We seamlessly connect users so that buildings go from broken to pristine more efficiently than ever before. Our customers are often forgotten by innovators and are forced to rely on outdated technology, or no technology at all. That’s why we are hiring a designer who is committed to delivering innovative solutions for a neglected market.
As the lead product designer, you will craft a product that consistently delivers an amazing experience to our users. By turning complex, manual work into sleek solutions, you will have the opportunity to transform how this industry operates. Your impact at this early stage will be pivotal for cultivating our brand ethos. If you’re looking to be a leader at a company that truly values design in everything we do, then apply today.
- Design product mockups, flows, and experiences focused on intuitive ease. Start by leading a revamp of our existing web front end.
- Compose and implement a design system that keeps all designers and engineers on the same page (e.g. component library, style guide, etc.)
- Work directly with product engineers to translate our visual design into streamlined and robust CSS guidelines
- Research our customers to understand their existing processes, then find ways to replicate and improve these processes on Astorian
- Schedule and run your own user tests to validate product hypotheses
- Collaborate with our data scientists to iterate product designs based on insights from measured user behavior
- 4+ years of UX and product design experience, with particular focus on web-based products
- Moderate or high proficiency in front end coding languages (HTML, CSS, React)
- Possess a design philosophy of simplicity and clarity
- Experience working with (or ideally, creating) a robust design system that leads to consistent styles and practices
- Proficiency with best-in-class design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe suite, etc.)
Nice to Haves
- Experience running and analyzing user tests
- Experience in enterprise product design, especially in real estate or construction
What We Provide
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Flexible vacation policies with no cap on the amount you can take.
- We’re a young company that is growing fast, meaning there’s lots of opportunity for you to grow and take on new roles.
- Credits for personal and professional development
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- We’re all about making change in our communities. Astorian provides 3 paid days a year to volunteer at your favorite charity.
Astorian highly values diversity and inclusion. We strive to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people feel welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Posted 27 days ago Apply Now