Viscira (www.viscira.com/career; www.facebook.com/Viscira) is an innovative, full-service digital marketing and technology firm. We are all things digital with an exclusive focus on the life sciences industry. We are Digital for Life.
Our clients include industry-leading pharma and biotech companies such as AbbVie, Allergan, Amgen, Biogen, BMS, Genentech, GSK, Jazz, Lilly, Novartis, etc.
The Art Director will serve as a key member of the company’s creative team and will be directly involved in determining “look and feel”, and designing interfaces and components for various interactive pharma programs.
• Oversee planning, concept development, wireframe development, visual design and design buildout of all client programs.
• Provides leadership for other designers by managing project assignments
• Conducts conceptual exploration, including drawing, sketching, research and thumbnails.
• Establishes directions and design solutions; ensures implementation of directions from concept through production.
• Utilize established user-interface design principles to maximize ease of use for various audiences, including healthcare professionals, patients and consumers.
• Create engaging, usable, and effective solutions working with a client's existing brand assets for a broad range of programs: Flash, PowerPoint, and video presentations; interactive case studies; 2D & 3D animations; micro sites and Web sites; banner ads and web promotions; email marketing; and print.
• Create high-impact designs for cross-platform programs (Mac and PC platforms, Tablet PC, Tradeshow / Convention booths, web, mobile, etc.).
• Present to clients to explain design rationale and various creative directions.
• Manage other production vendors to ensure the highest quality of final creative pieces.
• 6-8+ years of experience in a multimedia or web-oriented graphic design role (corporate, studio, or agency) with a portfolio demonstrating exceptional creative skills
• A university degree in graphic design, interaction design, or related discipline
• Solid understanding and comprehension of digital strategy, online marketing, information architecture, web development constraints, and usability best practices
• Extensive experience designing rich interactive experiences for a broad range of digital media platforms (web, mobile web, touch screen, or other interactive user interfaces and devices)
• Experience designing for corporate events, consumer marketing (mobile, exhibits, tradeshow) or broadcast studios. Comfortable with environmental design.
• Solid understanding of interactive design: layout, typography, color, proportion, iconography, motion/rich media; style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow
• Attention to detail and quality; ability to meet demanding deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Experience in a supervisory role with solid people management skills
• Experience giving creative design direction within a digital media production group.
• Expert level skills with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
• Demonstrated proficiency with design for Flash applications
• Understanding of x-HTML and CSS
• Experience working within a leading interactive agency, web development firm, or traditional advertising agency
• Excellent navigation and architecture POV, strong experience in rapid prototyping tools, and a current portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of online design
• Experience working in a design capacity with motion graphics and 3D animation
• Some knowledge of the biotech, life sciences, and pharmaceutical industries. Some scientifically-oriented design experience would be a big plus.
• Previous success working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Experience working with external design agencies
• Ability to be a good team player, with a positive and passionate attitude
At Viscira, we reward your talent, hard work and commitment with comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision coverage, employer sponsored health saving plans, 401k plan with an employer match, commuter benefits, discretionary bonus, Employee assistance program, corporate discounts, free snacks, flexible PTO etc. As our commitment to help you grow, we provide various professional development opportunities and encourage you to connect with other team members through fun social events and team building activities.
We are also extremely proud of our diverse team and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information or prior arrest and conviction records (pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance).Posted 27 days ago Apply Now