Senior Product Designer
We are on the brink of the next industrial revolution.
Manufacturing has long been an analog world, but this is about to change. By introducing machines to the digital world, there’s a staggering opportunity for efficiency and production leaps. Oden is driving this revolution. We’re on a mission to eliminate waste in manufacturing.
We have combined industrial hardware, wireless connectivity, and big data architecture into one simple platform so all manufacturers can analyze and optimize their production, from any device. Efficiency, sustainability, and competitiveness are democratized.
Why We Do It:
We like to enable those who make things - to make more, to waste less, to serve their customers, and to thrive in a competitive world. Help enough makers, and the world can give us all the abundance we want for less cost and environmental impact. We’re on the verge of a 4th industrial revolution that begs for absolute efficiency in all factors of life. We plan to deliver that to everyone who makes things.
- Care about the mission of the product and company.
- Are never satisfied with the way things are, but excited about the way things could be.
- Tinker. You embrace different technologies and want to see how they can work together.
- Are happy to put on steel toe boots and hit the factory floor to work with the production manager.
- Empathize with customer needs while also looking towards long-term innovation.
- Live by transparent and scientific thinking. You put in the work to find the best ideas with those around you, without ego.
As a Senior Product Designer in the Product & Engineering Team, you will prototype, test, and refine your ideas to design features that solve big problems for users in manufacturing. You’re excited about the possibilities of working with complex data and nuanced user workflows. You care about creating scalable, flexible designs.
- Drive all aspects of Product Design, including UX, IXD, IA and Visual Design
- Design new features from wireframes to interactive prototypes to polished UI
- Collaborate with Product Management in defining features that best serve customers and advance the business
- Collaborate closely with engineers on the implementation of features
- Synthesize user research with clients and internal stakeholders to guide new feature design
- Ensure consistency and scalability of design architecture
- Formalize and own Oden's design pattern library
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX design of software products
- Ability to launch a software product or feature from start to finish
- Deep experience collaborating with software engineers to deliver web-based products
- Experience in sharing design directions with multiple stakeholders
- Experience conducting user research to inform new feature development
- Experience working with and contributing to a design system/pattern library
- Strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and still deliver outstanding user experiences
- A current portfolio available for viewing demonstrating the iterative and detailed work needed to ship products.
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with data and data visualization
- Experience working on enterprise products
- Experience leading a design system/pattern library
- Manufacturing experience
What We Offer You:
- Measurable impact to the world and the chance to help real people - family businesses, entrepreneurs, engineers.
- Exposure to many tech disciplines, most of which are rapidly evolving.
- A bridge between the physical and cloud worlds of tech. Our platform unites big data visualizations with sensors, and heavy industrial equipment.
- A platform that has the potential to evolve beyond what we have envisioned now.
- Scientific and transparent thinking, for everyone involved.
- Backing by world leaders of both industry and tech that will ensure long term growth and development for us.
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Diversity at Oden means building a team that is rich across all boundaries of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age and thinking style. We welcome all backgrounds, life experiences, and world views as this is the catalyst for the rapid evolution of our product and our organization. Diversity allows us to tackle new challenges, embrace change, make well-informed decisions, and ultimately Make Things Better. In alignment with our “People First” company value, Oden has a passionate internal team dedicated to the promotion of diversity and inclusion initiatives as a core component of our culture.
Our diversity initiatives apply to our practices and policies on recruiting, compensation and benefits; professional development; promotions; social activities and the ongoing development of a psychologically safe work environment.
Posted 28 days ago