Lead UI Designer
If you are passionate about product design and interested in helping us imagine, and build, the future of Yoco, we would dearly love to hear from you.
You will form an integral part of the design team working very closely with UX architects, product managers, engineers, CX researchers and data scientists. As someone who is ‘surface-oriented’, you have mastered your craft of creating beautiful, intuitive interfaces (UI’s) across many screens and devices. You also have hands-on experience with user-centred design practices and have successfully contributed toward an adopted design system. You are a coach, diplomat and champion of design.
You’ll be part of building the tools that thousands of people use to run and grow their businesses every day. What are you waiting for?
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Develop and articulate a compelling UI Design vision for the team.
- Lead all aspects of this craft, starting with UI Principles.
- Communicate UI Design rationale with partners and stakeholders.
- Partner with product teams to ship new features and experiences in an agile environment.
- Partner with Customer Research (CX) and UX Design Architects to test new design ideas.
- Participate in user research and feedback sessions.
- Mentorship and feedback for the development of others in your team.
- Facilitate design thinking sessions with cross-functional teams.
- Drive the delivery and adoption of Yoco’s internal design system.
- Build trust and strong long-term relationships with application engineers, product managers, customer research and product architecture teams.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 4+ years of commercial Product Design experience across.
- At least 5 - 8 years’ work experience within design, software development, or related field.
- Attracts top-tier talent.
- Has developed judgement for talent and provides feedback to shape the team.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and promotes company public as a leader in design.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization.
- Develops and uses facilitation skills to engage cross-functional teams.
- Develops the process/approach for tackling a design problem.
- Strong systems thinker.
- Familiar and has practice in user experience methodologies and processes.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Current or previous experience in Financial Services – advantageous.
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHY WORK FOR YOCO?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now