What is the role…
We are currently recruiting for a creative UX professional to join our growing Technology & Innovation services team in our Bath office. In order to meet the requirements of the role, successful candidates are expected to have:
- Experience of using UI development tools such as Axure or Balsamiq;
- Experience of using other graphic creation software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch, or InVision;
- Experience in undertaking user research, including the planning and conduct of user workshops, focus groups, individual and group interviews and the development, administration and analysis of questionnaires and surveys.
- The ability to generate novel UI design solutions through the development of:
- User personas
- Scenario and user stories
- Task analysis
- User journeys
- Site maps
- Process flow diagrams
- Concept sketches, wireframes and prototypes
- The ability to refine UI concepts through iterative prototyping, analysis and user-centred evaluation;
- An understanding of Agile working practices and collaborative software development methods.
What we are looking for…
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals who have the passion and drive to join our innovative company. If you have the following, then we would love to hear from you:
- A flare for creativity, problem solving and interaction design;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to work well within a cross-functional team, taking responsibility to meet goals and deliver to tight schedules;
- An understanding of usability testing and accessibility standards;
- A desire to learn new skills and continually improve;
- The ability to adapt to developments in technology and industry practices
- Desirable - A degree in a related subject such as Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or Human Factors / Ergonomics;
Why work with us?
At BMT, we appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure. We ensure that our people have access to the training and mentoring that they need to be the best at what they do. We constantly strive to improve our working environment as well as providing everyone with the tools and applications they need to do their roles effectively.
The wellbeing of the team is central to our success so workloads are managed effectively, we do not have a work late culture and we promote agile working so our working hours are flexible. On top of this, we have a host of benefits designed to support our people such as additional holiday purchase, private medical insurance and a wellbeing fund for gym/sports clubs or non-work related classes.
BMT is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce, to view our full policy please click here - https://www.bmt.org/careers/our-benefits/diversity-and-equality/.
Who are we?
BMT provides independent technical expertise and consultancy. We offer concept design, asset management, programme management and technology services to customers in the defence, security, transport, energy and infrastructure markets. Our team thrive on tackling the most complex engineering and programme challenges, and are adept at blending capabilities from the entire spectrum of engineering disciplines to deliver enduring and value-adding solutions
We provide technical services in the form of bespoke software solutions, data analytics, visualisations, human factors and cyber consultancy for a range of organisations from the UK Ministry of Defence to other government bodies and commercial companies.
We pride ourselves in delivering inventive software solutions, immersive training applications and insightful big data analytics across a range of markets. We deliver these capabilities through our expert team who build strong and lasting relationships with our customers.
Posted 10 days ago Apply Now