Lead Web Designer
We’re looking for a Lead Web Designer to join our Creative team as we take on more ambitious projects and continue to grow our portfolio. As the sole visual designer on our tight-knit team, you’ll work alongside in-house strategists, developers, and project managers, as well as directly with our clients, to deliver world-class websites and digital experiences.
This role is a unique mix of creative direction, design execution, and technical problem solving. It’s a combo of big picture strategy with super detailed thinking. We’ll depend on you to understand what our clients are trying to accomplish (and why), collaborate on beautiful and useful design solutions, and then help make it happen.
This is a full-time, senior-level position. We have a hybrid remote/in-office setup out of the Galvanize coworking space in Pioneer Square. Full-time remote is also possible.
What You’ll Do
Lead the visual identity of Bilberrry’s website design projects across all touchpoints:
- Help develop proposals and pitches to land prospective clients looking to uplevel their digital presence
- Ask clients the right questions to learn what they need and why they need it
- Concept and create compelling visual designs and scalable web design systems for a diverse portfolio of projects — from apple growers to telehealth nonprofits to public utility companies
- Collaborate closely with Content to create thoughtful experiences that capture our clients’ objectives and unify the end-to-end user journey
- Present our ideas with clarity and conviction
- Deliver production-ready Figma files to our web development team
- Continue as thought partners with ongoing clients as they use their new websites
What It Will Take
- Highly developed and flexible design skills that span brand, visual, UX and UI
- A strong understanding of current web design trends and technologies, and how to leverage them in your work
- The nimbleness and experience to transform complex information into meaningful ideas
- A candid and confident presentation style that captures the approach and impact of our concepts and recommendations
- Enthusiastic collaboration with everyone on a project
- High standards for customer service and what the client/agency relationship can be
- Comfort with and/or commitment to mastering design and prototyping tools (Figma, ProtoPie, Adobe)
- Efficient organization as you manage internal and external deadlines, and shifting priorities, across multiple fast-paced projects
Who We Are
Bilberrry is a boutique full-service agency that works with ambitious startups, global nonprofits, and Fortune 500s to design and develop websites and software that help them grow. We’re a growing team of 45 developers, strategists, and designers across two offices, one in Seattle and one in Kyiv.
You’d be joining our tight-knit, four-person Seattle-based office, working primarily with our custom WordPress design+development team. We believe in collaborating closely to produce excellent work and truly love what we do.