Brilliant creates smart home technology that unifies and elevates the home experience through simple and thoughtful interaction. From lights, music, climate, security, and doorbells to whatever comes next, Brilliant makes interacting with all of your smart devices simple by building smart home controls into the walls of your home that are easy for everyone to access. We are looking for a Visual Designer to join our fast-growing Design team.
What’s the Opportunity?
Brilliant is looking for a Visual Designer to amplify our Marketing, Product and Sales efforts across multiple mediums. The ideal candidate can seamlessly float between projects – everything from product design to web to MARCOM and everything in between. Your responsibilities will be wide -- one day you may be working in Sketch creating UI assets and the next day working on a digital marketing campaign. The ideal candidate is obsessed with finding solutions to complex design challenges and capable of designing systems in a wide variety of environments. You will utilize a full range of skills including research, ideation, interaction design, and visual design.
What would my responsibility be?
- Support the Marketing, Product, and Sales teams across a wide range of design & creative needs both online and offline to drive business goals.
- Work with Product and UX counterparts to gather overall art and design objectives and project requirements.
- Drive the design process during all phases of a project and constantly iterate to deliver best-in-class visual ideas.
- Help evolve Brilliant’s visual design language, across our core product, web, and mobile experiences while contributing to the growth of our design system.
- Take the creative process from mock layouts and wireframes into Adobe Creative Suite for hand-off to development or production partners.
- Create original, engaging cross-platform campaigns and user experiences.
- Manage print and digital marketing collateral such as brochures, tradeshow exhibition graphics, sales signage, and other materials for programs and events.
What Skills Do I Need?
- Minimum of 3-5 years in an agency, studio or start-up creative department.
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Zeplin, Abstract, InVision and other prototyping tools such as Adobe Premiere.
- Strong understanding of front-end web and mobile development, including HTML, CSS, iOS / Android, and other technologies
- You need to be passionate about telling brand and product stories that bring our products to life through engaging creative strategy.
- A dynamic portfolio showcasing highly refined sensibilities across many mediums—with proven experience in identity systems, interaction, balance, hierarchy, typography, grids, layout, and print design.
- Deep knowledge of the visual design process, with the desire to continually improve at every stage of design and development.
- Ability to tackle competing priorities under tight timelines with the flexibility to pivot when necessary.
- Passionate and curious with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of technologies, tools, and trends in design.
- Passionate and curious about smart home technology (if you use it at home, even better!), and how to simplify and improve how you interact with your home
- Passionate about pixel-perfect design solutions and strong attention to detail
- Drive and passion for improving user experience and usability of complex problems
- Experience with designing with hardware and IOT products.
Interested? Apply with an up to date portfolio. Candidates who apply without a portfolio will not be considered
Posted 11 days ago