Our small software company based in Brixton, London needs someone who can:
- take complex tools and find ways to present them in an intuitive way to users
- create a style guide that can be used on an ongoing basis for new developments
- understand, comment on and improve the user journey
- wireframe web pages and, if possible, develop HTML prototypes
- develop styling according to our clients’ criteria for our programmers to implement
- suggest ways of visualising data
We primarily develop tools for local government and run the well established LG Inform Plus site which needs a major revamp. We also have a steady stream of new tools, many under the same sign-in, that need designing.
Some of our tools analyse large volumes of data that need to be summarised in intuitive ways.
The company employs twelve people including consultants, support people and programmers. We have one in house person who has done some nice design work (see eCasework) alongside other things, but he will be leaving in a couple of months. He will help select the new person and help them get started.
We see this as either a permanent part-time role with hours to suit you, or a freelance role for someone whom we know will be available as our work comes in to provide continuity.
We’d be happy for you to either work from home or from our offices. If you were working from home we would need you to occasionally visit our offices for meetings.Posted 3 days ago Apply Now